Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lulavina ( )
Date: November 24, 2013 07:04PM

Because you realize how much that church took away from you, & still continues to take away.

I've lost family, friends, the people I love, because that church is like a poison! I hate it, & I wish it would fall to pieces.

My LDS friends tell me that my hate for the church is simply the guilt & "sin" I am feeling for leaving. They tell me, "I knew this would happen, when you leave the church, you lose the light & love you have for others."

Well, let me tell you something, I don't think it would be hard for anyone to foresee the bitterness and anger toward a cult like TSCC. Of, course I'm going to be angry! I've been lied to my whole life! Basically, I learnt that my whole life had been a lie. Yes, I am very angry. The only guilt I feel is believing that rubbish for so long.

The reason I hate the church so much is because I love people too much. It pains me to see the ones I love still consumed in this lie. Some of them don't know any better (like I did for many years), but the LD$ Corp has such a tight leash around them, sometimes it feels next to impossible to leave.

So, tell me, do you think I'm not going to be angry when a wicked selfish organization took precious years of my life, & brainwashes the ones who are dearest to me? And do you think I'm okay with this?

I don't think so.

So, yes. I am VERY, VERY angry, & that does not make me a bad person.

I hate it, because I love you more than you could possibly imagine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2013 07:05PM by lulavina.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: November 24, 2013 07:25PM

Anger here is healthy. It evidences you are clear in thought. It also evidences the courage to stand on ones own. It can be uncomfortable though.

It is going to run its course. Just hang onto this wild horse, because it will take you places not before envisioned.

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: November 24, 2013 08:23PM

I vent here every six months or so. It's therepudic.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 24, 2013 08:33PM

All decent people get angry at injustice, unfairness, cruelty and exploitation. The question you should ask your friends is "Why AREN'T you angry? If you found out you were lied to, if you were used, if you were betrayed by your friend and family, if you were being lied ABOUT ... that wouldn't make you angry? What is WRONG with you?"

Because of course you are right. The church exists to feed on it's members and it's members are enslaved to the greater good of a corporation. The sacrifices are tremendous - like those made in legends to a greedy, vengeful God who requires a virgin sacrifice or he/she will annihilate innocent people. The church is that legendary "God" to it's members. It consumes, it doesn't build. And you should be angry about that. Outrageously angry.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: November 25, 2013 05:47AM

I WAS very angry for quite a while. I went to some family reunions where 80% of the family attendees are TBMs. The remainders are far removed fro, it. Our family doesn't have have any half way measures - they are either serious TBMs or within the 20% are drag queens, herion addicts etc. I am a Buddhist. The last reunion, I wore Buddhist jewelry etc and told them all I am now Buddhist.
Someone said "Dont they believe in reincarnation? How silly is that?"
I answered "reincarnation is silly in your opinion? Is molesting young girls and boys silly? Is screwing somebody else's wife silly? Is having THREE different first visions silly? How could an event as important as being in the presence of God be so vague as to have three different versions? NOW THAT IS SILLY. It is a silly brainwashing cult" That person just walked away, but another cousin decided to lay into me. He said "reincarnation can't be real and if it is, it is evil.If it takes you many lifetimes to get it right, you are not trying very hard!" I said "Buddhists do get it right eventually........Mormons are so self important that they NEVER COULD POSSIBLY get it right because they figure that they are the only ones who are right now."
I just brought up the entire pre-life in which racism was supposedly born when certain spirits decided wrong etc. After that, I was left alone. I think I will skip this event from now on. My grandparents were way more open minded that this group of cousins there now. GAD!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.