Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gay Philosopher ( )
Date: November 25, 2013 11:29PM

Have you ever wondered what, exactly, the little factory talk by Darth Packer was like?

You can watch it here:

http://exmormonradio.com/littlefactory-packer/

Steve

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: November 26, 2013 12:27AM

This was in October 1976. I was married but didn't have children at the time. The dads who were there with their sons all had that deer-in-the-headlights look. Obviously BKP was talking about something they had never discussed with their sons. And the boys were squirming and trying not to giggle because they were sitting with their dads. Personally, I thought it was stupid.

I still remember one of my favorite priesthood advisers telling a bunch of us priests that we didn't need to go out and screw every girl in the valley. And the guy said it just like that. Being in high school this was something we all understood, not some childish story about our little factories.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: November 26, 2013 04:43AM

So if approached by a gay male, punch his lights out. Someone has to do it and it should NOT be a GA. My that is so Christian! I just can't get over how Christian it is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2013 04:43AM by enoughenoch19.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: November 26, 2013 08:35AM

Oh, it's good to have the link. It might be useful for a paper/presentation that I proposed for a Chicano studies conference to be held in SLC in the spring on Mormon masculinity.

But I don't think I can watch now. I was at that meeting with my grandpa at the building where his ward met. This was pre-satellite and we all just sat in suits and listened to an audio feed.

I was mortified the whole time. And then my dad asked about it later because he wanted to be sure that he wouldn't have to talk to me about any of this himself.

And then of course I received multiple copies over the years in pamphlet form.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.