Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Peter ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 12:51PM

http://wisdomlikeastone.com/04/10/elder-packer-axis/

" I attended a BYU devotional in the early 90s where he spoke at length about how homosexuality was “unnatural.” He asked at one point, rhetorically, why humans were the only species that exhibited these unnatural tendencies—and then he answered his own question by segueing into a discussion of free will and agency. I was disturbed by Elder Packer’s ignorance on this issue twenty years ago—and I was disturbed by his ignorance on the same topic this morning.

There really isn’t any need to revisit this debate. Homosexuality has been observed in elephants, bears, buffalo, caribou, dolphins, raccoons, dogs, bison, chickens, penguins, numerous fish, and too many reptiles, insects, and invertebrates to list. Black swans and mallards appear to be particularly “unnatural” (it is estimated that 25% of pairings of black swans are male-male; only slightly less for mallards). I had a friend that purchased a 50k breeding bull that had to be “put down” because of his economically questionable preference for steers. And then there is Roy and Silo, two male Chinstrap Penguins in New York City’s Central Park Zoo"

Homosexuality is observed in nature. Yet his argument is that it is wrong because it doesn't occur in nature. So his argument is not only factually incorrect, but works against him.

I would ask Mr. Packer why humans are the only species that exhibit the unnatural and immoral tendency of practicing Mormonism?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 12:59PM

The modern day work environment. If you look to animals for an example of what is natural.... although silly, you will never see them chained to a desk looking at a computer all day. They spend their day foraging for food and securing adequate shelter. And yet we look down on the population who fail to fit into our unnatural modern day definition of the working world and economic system.

Posted by: Lapsed ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 02:35PM

http://www.amazon.com/Biological-Exuberance-Homosexuality-Natural-Diversity/dp/0312192398

I read this book years ago. Maybe I should send a copy to Packer.

Posted by: testiphony ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 06:12PM

does that mean the artificial or fake man is God's best friend?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.