Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: December 09, 2013 03:44PM

Oh geeze, I've lived in zion too long... Help me!

So here's the story, As I was eating breakfast this morning (after unloading trucks at walmart last night) I was talking to TBM mother who had apparently had just gotten off the phone with our wealthy business savy relatives in the heart of the heart of mormon country, the place where the sun always shine, where up and coming send their sons and daughters to marry into other wonderfully rich families, and where most of the mormon royaltee call home. Can you guess where......?
...East Bountiful, uggg....

Apparently one of the 12 decided to desend, visit, and give wisdom to the saints in his neighborhood (stake conference or something, I guess?). Well anyway what was reported was something to the effect of; "This is the greatest stake in the church, and his reasoning was that there is more intact familes, greatest tithe payers, most missionaries sent, most blessed, (and if I heard right?) most righteous, etc... The conversation with dear mother ended with why can't we all be like that?

I rather think the 12 should spend more time helping the folks west of I15 and less time congratulating themselves and all their relatives? What are your thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: December 09, 2013 03:48PM

So do the twelve grace the most righteous stakes with their presence? Is it a reward for paying the most tithing?

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: December 09, 2013 06:43PM

I want to know this too. Someone answer this.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: December 09, 2013 05:30PM

My guess is that they feel the most comfortable around the well to do. Not much like the ancient christians who went out in the world and lived in poverty, You know the story of paul, ship wrecked 3 times, bitten by poisonous serpents, in and out of prison, not even any clothes to wear at some points.

Money is the true god these days?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: December 09, 2013 06:03PM

I loved your opening poopstone. You gave great words to how I so often feel. Help get me out this suffocating zion quick. I know for sure that I fell down, not the rabbit hole, but a skunk hole where the smelly goings-on just keep going on being suffocating.

Holland is such an arrogant blow heart who never stops.

He has to be the center of attention whereever he shows up while making all sorts of bigger-than-life statements. I do believe ole Joe visited him and taught him all the ropes to being a con-man for the cult.

Holland most likely awoke one morning thinking, "Hmmmm...Who should I grace with my presence this coming Sunday?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2013 06:04PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 09, 2013 06:26PM

I guarantee the "best stake" is lousy with abusive men who are dishonest in their financial and personal dealings ; women who are doped to the gills on downers and antidepressants; and kids with a completely dysfunctional and stressful upbringing.

Posted by: expanded ( )
Date: December 09, 2013 06:34PM

I lived in California at the time. I'll never forget overhearing the bishop, his counselors and another couple of mormon guys (just buddies, not particpating in an official church capacity) as they discussed new ward boundaries. I happened to be employed by one of the men in the group (one of the buddies) whose office it was. I was in the next office and could hear every word.

The discussion was remarkable as well as unbelievable. It was another on the path of many eye opening events. They discussed the desirability of including many of the wealthy members in the new ward and then talked about the poor that lived in another section but would have to be included somewhere. They began singling out the poor, discussing their foibles, what a drag they would be on the ward, poking unnecessary fun and cruel remarks at these less fortunate, deriding their dress, personalities, and life circumstances.

Until this moment I had believed that all was done by care and "inspiration". Whether for callings or anything else done in a ward, I believed all was done while seeking Heavenly Father's guidance. After listening to these men of the Bishopbric and their mormon buddies that day, I began to notice that these men are not as inspired as they claim to be. It took me another few years, but I eventually made the break. Thanks to the "inspired men of God" that weren't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2013 06:38PM by expanded.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: December 09, 2013 06:57PM

I bet he says that to all the stakes.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: December 09, 2013 07:12PM

I would have been coughing "dodo" loudly.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: December 09, 2013 07:26PM

"Exceptionalism" is the hallmark of Mormonism. The religion has nothing to do with God, Jesus, or even religion - it's about being holier than thou.

It's all about THE BOM and its American roots (rah rah rah!), about having the only "true church". About spreading the word to all the dumb schlumps in the world who lack the truth.

Mormons are smarter, more industrious, superior. The women are pure and wholesome. The men are stripling warriors, heads of household and have the power of the priesthood.

And to think that it all started with a dumb as dirt con artist who felt inferior about his own slimy self and wanted to puff himself up.

See the connection?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 09, 2013 07:54PM

I think either of the Raymond, Alberta stakes would fight for that title. They think they're more righteous than anyone. I can smell it in the wind today....or it could be from 52 Beef's feedlot...

Ron Burr

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.