Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SeaNeverMo ( )
Date: December 10, 2013 10:06AM

I'd love to see this show be produced. I'm thinking one of the Osmond wives could star. You would also have a 42 year old woman whose son is coming home from his mission after five months (the shame!). Another housewife is a social climber who will get her husband named stake president even if it kills her. The 25 year old who can't get pregnant and is being shamed for it. What else?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bvd ( )
Date: December 10, 2013 10:56AM

The 27 year old mom with 6 kids under 6 who's husband works all the time and is in the bishopric and she is on anti depressants because she can't handle her kids and gets no help from her husband because he is the provider not the care giver, plus he's never there so he can't anyway. The same woman who was never in love with her husband and fought with him all the time before getting married but if you're righteous and worthy and get married in the temple that fixes any compatibility problems and guarantees happiness in this life, but if the happiness doesn't come just endure to the end and you'll be happy with your husband you never loved in the eternities as wife number 1.

Posted by: AriG ( )
Date: December 12, 2013 03:29PM

Hi,

My name is Ari and I am TV producer for Puddle Monkey Productions.

We are looking for a "jack mormon" housewife for a TV show.

If you or someone you know might be interested,

Please feel free to contact me:
ari@puddlemonkey.tv

Posted by: ChrisDeanna ( )
Date: December 12, 2013 07:42PM

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: December 10, 2013 11:15AM

The perfect stake president and his family, who's son is gay, and teenaged daughter gets pregnant...

and maybe dad the stake president is caught cross dressing because he has been hiding his true identity of being transgender.

How will the mom cope with the shame!!??

Oh horror..

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: December 10, 2013 03:58PM

How about that son of hers, the president of the Priests' Quorum, is actually part of the local meth ring.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: December 10, 2013 11:33AM

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: December 10, 2013 03:29PM

How about the newlyweds who are dealing with a newly discovered same sex attraction.......

Date: December 10, 2013 03:47PM

The mom in her mid-40s who's on her 3rd marriage (temple marriage of course) & has at least 7 kids, probably more.

I've known people like this.

Posted by: pamelaf3211 ( )
Date: December 10, 2013 03:49PM

Do you think it will make it to air?

Date: December 12, 2013 03:35PM

pamelaf3211 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you think it will make it to air?

I am a TV Producer for Puddle Monkey Productions and we are currently looking for a jack mormon housewife interested in working with us for a TV project about different types of mormons in UT.

There is a lot of interest from TV networks like TLC (home of Sister Wives) to bring a show like that to the air.

Feel free to contact me at ari@puddlemonkey.tv

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: December 12, 2013 08:49PM

You also need to feature a "white trash Mormon household". Those are the families that have so many kids and the parents have to rely on church welfare to even feed em. The mindset of the "WT" household is that they feel like they are royalty of some sort because they give all their money to the church so they have a hard time providing the basics to their families. They have all those kids that they cannot afford because they are led to believe that they need to bring as many spirit children to the earth as possible. They are also like preppers in a way, but, their food storage is usually stacked along all the inside walls of their homes and their homes usually border on a potential 'Hoarders' episode. These homes are way too small for the amount of kids they have, and sometimes, they will use a bare basement, and section it off and put 2 beds and a dresser in each cubicle forcing two children to swap clothing all the time...whatever fits. They do have nice church clothes though, but their day to day clothes are usually icky. The homes are also very bare and very dirty. I have been in many of these types of homes over the years, and they are literally falling apart, no sheets on beds, 3 foot high piles of laundry all over the place, filthy and dirty too, but, in every room, there are pics of the temples, or prophets usually held on the wall with a tack swinging sideways on the wall. Their yards look like hell also.
There was a news article and TV episode a while back about a WT Mormon family in SLC that had 6 autistic kids,and the house was horrific..it even showed these kids ripping off the drywall coverings, no bedsheets cause they constantly trashed their rooms, so the parents basically gave up. Yes, these kids were biologically the parents, and not adopted. The woman ended up having a nervous breakdown, because her husband convinced her that the 'next baby' would be 'normal', unfortunately, the same diagnosis happened with each kid. The doctors even told her to NOT get pregnant because she would have problems as would the kids, but she was so pressured into being the perfect Mormon family that she got pregnant again and again to no avail. The perfect Mormon family does NOT exist. That is why the anti depressant use is so high there. They are pressured into having all these kids and held to an unrealistic goal of being happy and perfect. When that goal is not attained, the wife is led to believe that she is not 'worthy' or it is somehow her fault for sinning in some way. Then, it ends up being a revolving door. I do not know of any family that is perfect, be it LDS or not. What is really sad is that it is the kids that suffer because of the religious views of the parents.
This may be offensive to some, and I do not mean for it to be, but its time that we take a good look behind the door, and not feature a 'sister wives' episode where everything is spotless inside that home. We need to show a different 'spin' on the other side of the squeaky clean image as well.

Date: December 13, 2013 11:51AM

Oh goodness. That's sounds awful. But you can't deny that American audiences love "white trash" families---everything from Duck Dynasty to Honey Boo Boo.

Fortunately, our production company is not so much into the spectacle/sensationalistic nature of reality TV but more so into the real lives and stories of people that audiences haven't seen interesting to say the least.

But just to give you all a little background from where we're coming from--

From our mission statement.

"Our continuing mission is to create extraordinary stories that challenge preconceptions while celebrating the incredible diversity of the human condition. Or at least have some fun, pay the bills, and get people talking."

ari@puddlemonkey.tv

Date: December 13, 2013 01:38PM

My deepest apologies. It is true that I am searching for someone who would describe themselves as a jack mormon who wants to show the world there's a whole spectrum of mormonism and theres more that meets the eye. However, I did not mean to intrude on a safe space.
I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

Ari

Date: December 13, 2013 11:53AM

Oh goodness. That's sounds intense. But you can't deny that American audiences love "white trash" families---everything from Duck Dynasty to Honey Boo Boo.

Fortunately, our production company is not so much into the spectacle/sensationalistic nature of reality TV but more so into the real lives and stories of people that audiences haven't seen yet. However "white trash mormon household" sounds interesting to say the least.

But just to give you all a little background from where we're coming from--

From our mission statement:

"Our continuing mission is to create extraordinary stories that challenge preconceptions while celebrating the incredible diversity of the human condition. Or at least have some fun, pay the bills, and get people talking."

ari@puddlemonkey.tv

Posted by: fudley ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 02:01PM

No offense, but you are barking up the wrong tree. Jacks and exmos are great, but the real story is the TBM family. They are all closeted jacks anyway.

Call it Eternal Families and find a large Mormon royalty-type family with 10 kids who each have another 5 kids or so. Follow the young families around seperately and film all family get-togethers during the holidays. Show what it is like to go to church 10 hours a week, have a job, calling, trying to be a parent, and competing for wealthy piety with the other siblings.

If you want a drama, this will give you more footage than you can show in a 20 week series. They are all accustomed to Bishop interviews, so after they get used to the cameras, you are sure to get tons of juicy stuff. You can bait the perfect family to agree by telling them you wish to counter the negative publicity from sister wives and present a true LDS environment to the greater public.

Date: December 10, 2013 03:56PM

Oh it would have to be called "The Real Housewives of Park City". & it would also have to have some rich Jackmos, Nevermos, & Exmos on there too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2013 03:56PM by Tristan.

Posted by: tx2step ( )
Date: December 10, 2013 04:02PM

I would tune in for this. This sounds like loads of laughs...

Posted by: BG ( )
Date: December 10, 2013 07:37PM

I have only been hit on once by a married woman, this one happened to be a Relief Society President. I think she must have a few juicy secrets.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: December 12, 2013 03:49PM

The mom is in the grocery store, crying because she can't think of a name that starts with K for her 6th son, and all the other kids' names start with K. (This really happened in Logan, UT, as witnessed by my brother).

Date: December 12, 2013 06:27PM

I've got boy names that start with K right here -

Kenneth
Kellan
Kim
Kale
Kyle
Kieran
Kevin
Keith
Kiefer

Date: December 12, 2013 08:53PM

Wait, you forgot 'Kolobian' hhahaha

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 10:33AM

That would be epic..

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 01:49PM

Posted by: Hikergrl ( )
Date: December 12, 2013 06:11PM

Don't forget the middle-aged mom who can't stop with the plastic surgery and is starving herself.

Date: December 12, 2013 07:44PM

Id watch it!

Date: December 12, 2013 09:01PM

Lets also have something in there about teenage LDS girls who are pregnant and either keep the kid, or are forced to marry the kids dad, and then just how unhappy the couple are 6 months down the road.
LDS social services puts enormous pressure on the girls to put it up for adoption, BUT what a lot of people do not know is that the TBM infertile couple that wants to adopt that unborn baby has to have a 'temple recommend' in order to even get on the waiting list for a chance at one. Seemed like there was a very high pregnancy rate in UT amongst these girls but they are supposed to be holding up a standard that is pounded into them for years, and lo and behold, what RM is going to even want a 'tainted' girl with a kid?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: December 12, 2013 09:30PM

Need to have the:

1. Housewife that is wracked with guilt, pressure, and no sleep from trying to sneak in her career, along with being a mom.

2. Never-married TBM aunt who wants so much to have a man and a family. Heartache, tears, and insensitive judging part of the scenerio.

3. TBM housewife trying to be perfect and hide the fact that husband is TBM and very abusive.

Posted by: Jack Rabbit ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 01:44PM

"2. Never-married TBM aunt who wants so much to have a man and a family. Heartache, tears, and insensitive judging part of the scenerio."

THIS one! There are so many late 30s TBM women in UT who can't get a decent man because all the men went inactive or the active men still live with mom. I hear the male:female ratio in some of those singles wards is 1:2. They are DESPERATE!

http://single-muses.blogspot.com/2011/03/are-you-kidding-me.html

Posted by: tx2step ( )
Date: December 12, 2013 09:34PM

We have everal families in our ward who named all their kids starting with the same letter.
Growing up in San Antonio, there was a family with 11 kids, all starting with the letter J. My hubby grew up in their ward but I also knew them from stake activities. The first 9 were boys, the last 2 were girls.
Story was that the wife wanted 2 girls and wouldn't stop until she got them. Story is courtesy of the family's neighbors who also just happened to be the bishop's family.
Every time I go home and see one of those kids, it starts.. I have to sit down with my hubby and write all their J names out just for inner peace :)
He can name them all b/c he was one of their partners in crime growing up:
Jacob
Justin
Jordan
Joel
Josh
Johnathan
Joseph
Jesse
Jeremy
Jamie and
Julianne

It's a very Mormon thing.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 10:56AM

A Black or Hispanic devout LDS family, trying to fit into the mostly-white LDS community seamlessly. They know the Church is "true" -- but their kids think its a racist crock of poo and are acting out and rebelling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2013 01:39PM by Senoritalamanita.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 11:23AM

No thanks - I caught the live show back when I lived in Salt Lake City in the mid-90s. I don't think I could stomach it again, although I'd love to see their so-called "good example" and "righteous lifestyles" exposed to the larger world.

Posted by: SeaNeverMo ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 12:05PM

I just want to clarify - I have nothing to do with this producer on this thread. I created this thread as a way to have fun and laugh at the Mormon types we have encountered in our lives. The producer came in and has turned it into a casting call.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 01:41PM

SeaNeverMo

You did well just posting the topic. The producer coming in after the fact is just icing on the cake.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.