Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tedd ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 03:54AM

Yeah so I'm just getting the news about the church's new stance on racism

But can someone on the planet please tell me, WTF are they going to do with the BofM?

Aside from all of the "pure and delightsome" nonsense, isn't it still as blatantly racist as ever? I only read that nonsensical piece of contemporary jargon like 35 times on my mission, therefore I think I should be able to at least somewhat contentiously recollect how racist and ridiculous it really is

More than anything I am in awe of the fact that those old fucks actually put some kind of rational and historical explanation together in order to try and explain their racist past. They leave out more details than 20 minute prostitute, but still, very surprising none the less.

We're just a product of America is about right you numb skulls... You are a product of America and its racist past, you old, mothball smelling fucktards! Monson Looks like death from on high, I can smell him from here. And that's precisely all you are, you white, old, self entitled, washed up geezeers, who steal from my widowed mother. My widowed mother who in her 70s has to work a part time job because the Mormon Ponzi scheme/corporation/cult does not have the decency to support a woman who has given literally millions in cash and assets (Via a linage of cult members and past donations, etc) to those old fucktards.

Oh, em, yeah, errrrrrrrr.... We're just, em, *het hem*, a product of racist fucking America! DOIYOIYOI! Thanks for finally noticing, you imbecile fucks! Now why don't you get into your private jet and fly to some "worthy brown culture" and pretend you care about their meaningless salvation? Make sure you're thinking about my poor mother while your at it, people like her are the only reason why you self entitled dick heads even have shit.

Pieces of shit

"May the process of wrestling and growth continue".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 04:06AM

They'll say something like, "The BOM is about some of the ancestors of the Native Americans, & they've always been allowed to have the priesthood." Some apologist will say something like that.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 04:27AM

What is their new stance on racism and where can I read about it?

Date: December 13, 2013 06:29AM

Are you kidding?

Google "Race and the Priesthood"

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 05:15AM

So Breedum Yung was thrown under the bus is about all this is? Seems like it is way more than that? Of course throwing the 2nd prophet in front of the bus is a big deal since he pretty much forced his way into this position. JS wanted his own brat to be next. BY just did like he wanted to and took everyone to SLC and now it turns out he was nothing to brag about (likle we've know all along.) TSCC, make a statement about how you really feel.
They have 13 more topics! I wonder what they are? I'm sure they will white wash everything as much as possible. I bet they wish the technology from Total Recall was real so new memories of fabulous prophets could be implanted into every TBMs head and there'd never be an apostate.
They are losing their Stepford religion and I'm sure it feels creepy to them....losing their power must suck.

Date: December 16, 2013 07:42AM

2nd Nephi was also thrown under the bus, as was parts of Moses and the Book of Abraham. It's getting rather crowded under there....

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 08:11AM

As always "follow the prophet" because "the prophet will never lead the members astray" and "we have a modern-day prophet who speaks to God."

That's all we need to know.

(HA!)

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 09:30AM

Tedd, you have every right to be mad as hell. The morg can't hide anymore and they know it. Hopefully the younger generations won't continue to buy into their BS and the corporation will dwindle down to a few museums and hotels. We can only hope.

Date: December 13, 2013 11:14AM

God knows my number 1 goal in life besides my songwriting, has been to make Goddamn sure my daughter was not raised to believe this nonsense.

Date: December 13, 2013 11:31AM

Even my daughter (who doesn't know anything about Mormon doctrine, at church she kept her ears shut) who is amazing at detaching herself from stupid people and stupid situations noticed the sexism. She was living with her mom and step dad for about 3+ years, he has now been married to 3 different women and is supposedly TBM with kids from 3 different women (him and my ex got married after knowing each other for about 6 months). They made her go to church for 3 years.

The other day my kid says to me: You know what I've noticed? Mormons are really sexist. The women have one role and the men have another, and she dove into this semi elaborate observation that dawned on her.

I'm waiting to see how they tackle sexism, or maybe polygamy and be tied in with all that.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 09:38AM

The GAs bought the forest in Florida recently.

This is so they can make more pulp and print more 'corrected' BOMs.

"The Restored Version Of The Book Of Mormon".

They are using alot of 'whiteout' right now; consulting PR experts and burning documents.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 10:52AM

and their wordy, opportunistically timed b.s. doesn't impress me. Like the other wordy b.s. about the First Vision, it's aimed at the remaining believers, so they can say it's been addressed and keep on stealing their money and time.

They're only just reinforcing lies that the members have had to tell themselves and each other to justify continuing to participate, with statements that sound sort of somewhat honest but are really just the same old lies in a lot of different words.

The only reason these b.s. statements should be a big deal to exmos is each one makes it that much harder to influence our still-brainwashed relatives and friends. That's why they're buried in the website, undated and disguised as gospel topics. Soon it will be like, "Oh, the church has always been up front about this."

They put this one up the day after we learned Nelson Mandela had died because there's a lot of public awareness around Mormon institutional racism and they wanted to make some news.

Can't wait to see what they do with polygamy.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2013 12:21PM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 10:58AM

"They leave out more details than a 20-minute prostitute."

Drinking my coffee. It is coming out of my nose now. So funny!

Date: December 13, 2013 11:31AM

I like the name Senoritalamanita, that's pretty good

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 11:15AM

Nothing has really changed with the BoM. It still includes statements like this:

2 Nephi 5:21 And he had caused the acursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and bdelightsome, that they might not be centicing unto my people the Lord God did cause a dskin of eblackness to come upon them.

22 And thus saith the Lord God: I will cause that they shall be aloathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities.

3 Nephi 2:14 And it came to pass that those Lamanites who had united with the Nephites were numbered among the Nephites;

15 And their acurse was taken from them, and their skin became bwhite like unto the Nephites;

So, Africans aren't the cursed seed of Cain, but Lamanites, whoever they are, are still cursed and loathsome? Even though the curse was removed...and even though the ancient ancestors of the "Lamanites" were on this continent thousands of years before Lehi supposedly showed up.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 12:09PM

I continue to learn of how totally fucked up the church is because of all of you, who were much more real church members than I, read the BofM, did the temple deal, went on missions, served in callings, actually went to church, etc. Thank you for my continuing education in all things MORG.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 12:33PM

The bottom line is that NOTHING really historical happened. They merely "disavowed" Brigham's ban on the priesthood for Blacks -- disavow means to "not take responsibility for".

There was no apology or admission of error, or contrition for their past racist doctrines or policies. The church was merely saying they bear no responsibility for Brigham's actions.

TRANSLATION: We want to appear contrite so our church lawyers and PR department has constructed the illusion of apologizing for our sins

In effect, all they did was deflect blame from their racist Mormon God and make Brigham -- a mere mortal -- the fall guy.

Of course they will never "disavow" Joseph Smith or the BOM for its "white and delightsome" racist ideology. Disavowing JS's history would dismantle the very foundation of the church.

But I rejoice in the recent announcement anyway -- because it causes the church to become more entangled in the mire -- they appear befuddled and stupid. And it brings more unwanted press, public attention, and dialogue in the twittersphere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2013 12:35PM by Senoritalamanita.

Posted by: Hmmmm ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 03:23PM

I'll read it again, but I don't think they even named BY (although it was clear things BY said were among the things they now "disavow"). I think they didn't want to name names because it could lead a member to question whether he was a twu pwofit.

Posted by: Hmmmm ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 04:17PM

I take it back...BY was specifically mentioned, though the "disavowal" is far enough from the mention of him that it is a bit oblique.

Date: December 16, 2013 10:51AM

But SenoritaLaminita,

They did say something along the lines of 'we're just another part of racist America'

To me that is admitting a lot.

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 12:36PM

I agree with the OP as well. I'm so surprised they actually did something like this, but I'm happy about it.

There's more to come as well. They're going to cover 13 topics I think?

Date: December 16, 2013 07:44AM

They had no choice.

Members are leaving in droves over historical issues.
They had to risk publishing something. But the essay has been poorly thought through and badly written.

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 08:44AM

Members have been leaving in droves for over a decade according to most people here. They could've easily carried on just as they always have, but I'm glad they didn't, and that they've taken action to be more honest and open about things.

All the time I've been posting here I've seen people going on about how annoying it is that the church won't admit that its past prophets were racist, and how they keep making excuses for it by saying it's in the scriptures or taught by God. Now they've finally admitted it, and I don't think it's a bad thing.

Date: December 16, 2013 09:19AM

They've half done it.

By the standards used to hang Brigham Young out to dry, Nephi was also a racist.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 01:00PM

but just more lies and b.s. from a bunch of thieving con men. I can't even force myself to applaud that.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 03:40PM

I agree, it's just more lies and BS. There are plenty of TBM's who won't believe that their church was led by racists, even if this admission were read over the pulpit or mentioned in the next conference. It shows how revered BY really is, and some TBM's don't want to admit that he was really a racist.

One thing I don't expect to happen in my lifetime is allowing women to become priests or treated as more than chattle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 03:47PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: fakemoroni ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 08:58AM

That was a top notch rant, tedd.

I hope I never piss you off. Very well put and I could almost envision the healthy anger dissipating as you wrote it.

When I rant I usually go off the rails. You came close, but your aim was true.

Date: December 16, 2013 10:47AM

Fakemoroni,

There was a time when I use top cause a major ruckus on this here bulletin board. I have been thrown off this board (banned) at least twice. I have learned a multitude of things about ranting since.

Keeps the rants as "top notch" as possible

:-)

Thanks,

Theo

Posted by: moira ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 02:33PM

I always loved your "irreverence" on the board back in the old days. It's nice to see you posting. BTW, how old is your daughter now?

Date: December 16, 2013 03:15PM

She is 14

She lives with me now, I should have full custody until she is 18

Posted by: offradar ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 08:54PM

The fuc--ng gutwrenching audacity by these masters of deceit is trully breathtaking. These celestial liars in SL are shafting not only a race of people but also all the f--ked up morbots who continue to ignore what amounts to be an admission of blatant racism. These 15 celestial sewer rats consign past leaders of the cult onto the apostolic scrapheap, and while collectively gorging on their carcases, shamelessly continue professing divine authority. Their mindblowing admission of institutionalised church racism should be receiving widespread publicity throughout the media. Yet the scheming f-cks seem to be enjoying a free pass - for now. Their army of lawyers won't be able to save their hides from being similarly devoured, when the full extent of their spiritual and financial corruption is finally and fully exposed. Hasten the day!

Posted by: Hades4u ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 09:32PM

99.8% of the planet couldnt give dogsh-t for these bat crazy morg nuts

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.