Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 08:22AM

Kid 1 to kid 2: "Do you believe in the Devil?"

Kid 2 to kid 1: "Naw. It's just like Santa Claus. It's really your old man."

Smart kid 2!

Even after we give up believing in Santa, the suits in SLC would like us to continue believing in the Devil, so we'll be scared into being good (i.e., paying tithing).

So who really is playing the Devil?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: oldklunker ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 09:31AM

My son is the Devil...or so he though as a young child. He was a free spirited boy and still is as an adult. He lettered out of the church years ago and is my hero. He may be the devil but he has a kind nature while trying to act devilish.

I like the Devil story...he is the only one to see religion for what it is. He knows god can't keep things in order and makes up a lot of crazy doctrine.

The devil watched god creat the earth and put all kinds of life upon it for millions of years. Then god makes up this story about Adam and Eve and that there was no death before they came out of the garden paradise. Gods children believed this story and the Devil says "holy shiiit". And god so loved the devil's statement that god decided to go with the Devils words and has been giving us "holy shiiit doctrine" from that encounter with the Devil.

The next encounter with the Devil and God produces " Jesus Christ" then "G damn it" and "go to hell".

So where did " A hole" come from? It was the creation of mormonism. The Devil caught god in a grove of trees and asked god if this was pulled out of his "A hole" and god was pleased and did poop out a new church. Then it came to pass, "SOB" was not from the Devil or god. It was formed from "Smith and Brigham" two "SOB" that really got it rolling.

"WTF" was not of god or the devil either. It came from the exmo people when they figured out that the devil and god was a fairy tail from the beginning.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 03:31PM

Clever and LOL.

Posted by: Beth nli ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 09:47PM

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: December 14, 2013 12:10AM

Or... De tail.

BTW why "he" and not "she?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2013 12:12AM by PapaKen.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: December 14, 2013 12:33AM

She Devil is kinda, um, pejorative? He Devil has a more kickass rep. But we can change that. I'll make it part of my Krampus Crusade.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 14, 2013 12:43AM

I believe in just plain meanness, and there is way too much of it going around. We need a vaccine!

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: December 14, 2013 01:04AM

yes

Posted by: Tammiez ( )
Date: December 20, 2013 04:20PM

There is evil but it is just man't human nature to make really fucked up choice against others.

No, there is no devel for me. Even the hebrew bible never mentions the bible. From a scholarly perspective the person/entity/whomever does not exist.

The devil became man's escape goat for identifing all fucked up things in life and blaming somebody for it.

The church way back when really controlled the populous. They could make or break you depending on where you stood with the church.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:12AM

I believe in evil. It is evident in the news every day. The Devil is a construct of weak and fearful minds to explain what they fear and use it to control others. JMHO.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:32AM

I do not believe in him but all of these abrahamics are driving me into his demonic arms

Posted by: dcgsage ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:34AM

No..... but biblical based religions come close

Posted by: Devil never knocks ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:36AM

Nope!!

Posted by: fundamentard ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:37AM

The devil is so completely incompetent at what he does. Anyone could do a better job than him. He is everywhere described as the ultimate threat and yet portrayed as an incompetent bungler.

Question: why does every dumbass church person "almost" yield to the power of "the adversary" (most annoying title in history after "the master")? Why don't they EVER fully give in? That would be so much better!

Posted by: Bobthetaxman ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:41AM

Maybe .... JUST MAYBE .... JS DID give in ... and now ... we are seeing the spawn of the devil .... in suits ..... espousing fear to increase it's control .... well, maybe.

SNICKER SNICKER

Posted by: mysid ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 08:34AM

Specifically, he lives in the Pine Barrens, hence the name "The Jersey Devil". We like him so much that we named our pro hockey team after him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.