Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 11:58PM

I was always told that kissing a smoker was like licking an ashtray. That it wasn't very enjoyable, and was almost as bad as making out with Satan's bum, after he had spent a week eating Taco Bell.

Well, I have kissed a few girls now, (almost five) some who smoked, and some who didn't, and I can't figure out what the big deal is. Actually, I kind of like the taste of a girl who smokes menthols. That's probably weird, but some of the non-smokers have had other breath problems, and at least with a smoker, their taste is consistent. Don't get me wrong, if I am with someone, who I love, I don't want them to smoke, but that is for their own health, not my enjoyment. It isn't the deal breaker I was told it was going to be in priest quorum.

It's fresh on my mind, because a girl I was chasing for a long time, an old neighbor, who moved away a few months ago, came by tonight to visit with some friends. One thing led to another, and next thing I knew, she was trying to get a hold of my tonsils. She smokes, was smoking while the incident accord, and it was no where near as unpleasant as I had been lead to believe, which is something I remember whenever I kiss a girl who smokes. (BTW, while I have always liked this girl, I did not think she felt the same way, until she decided to practically throw herself at me. I know, it was shocking, but I think I will be okay.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2013 12:02AM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 02:31AM

awesome! Kudos for making out with the girl you've admired for a long time. That is a sweet, sweet feeling.

I really didn't care for it too much myself (kissing a smoker, that is). I don't think I could ever get serious with a smoker. But not everyone is the same. I think it bothers some people more than others.

Posted by: Smoke Kisser ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 03:04AM

It's funny you bring this up because I experienced my first smoker kiss this very weekend! It was very distinct, but not bad. I also thought the smoke had made her voice more attractive. But then again, I was so mesmerized by her beauty that I still would have gone after it even if it did taste like Satan's Taco Bell bum.

Who knew the great and spacious building could be so fun, right?

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 08:48AM

As a smoker, I'm very glad to hear that. I am super extra self-conscious about it and will brush my teeth, chew gum, eat mints... whatever I have to do, to have fresh clean breath... IF I'm going to be making out with someone.

But I just wanted to say... You are in your 30's, no? Then you probably aren't making out with girls. Please stop infantilizing grown women and refer to them as women. Thank you.

Posted by: cynthus ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 11:16AM

I lived with a smoker for years-- and didn't have a problem with it. I did have problems with inside smoke, but he would smoke mostly outside (I have allergies). When I became ill, he quit for my health--

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 12:17PM

First of all, congrats on the dating success. Well done!

I never had a problem with smokers either. Even when I was a TBM and had never once tried a cigarette I always remember enjoying the smell. Kissing a girl who smokes is just like kissing a girl who doesn't smoke except for the slight smell of smoke.

Posted by: Smoke Kisser ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 12:22PM

For me it was more than smell. There was definitely a cigarette TASTE in there.

.... Ohhh, now if only I could get her to text me back. I want to taste that tobacco again ....

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 12:56PM

Haha! That's the spirit!

Posted by: Keyser ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 12:20PM

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 12:43PM

They taste like grandma.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 12:57PM

I've kissed two boys who smoked. It's not absolutely horrific but I prefer kissing boys who don't smoke far more. The best boys to kiss though are ones who've just had some Drambuie or similar.

Posted by: Long-timer-anon-for-this-topic ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 04:40PM

I'm an old guy with considerable pleasurable experience with women.

I noticed something a long time ago about women who smoke: their labia had an unusual flavor, "delicious to the taste!"

Just an observation....

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 10:03PM

Posted by: Rowell ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 05:07PM

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 08:00PM

I used to smoke A LOT while in UT and a mormon...I didn't quit smoking until after I left UT and was out of UT for almost 2 years. I used to smoke to deal with the stress of UT, TSCC, and everything with a 'UTAH' in it. I finally just quit cold turkey one day when I realized that I didn't need it anymore. I needed it when I was dealing with all the stress. I feel lucky that I was able to quit cold turkey and haven't smoked one since.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 09:32PM

ewwwww, gross

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 09:47PM

Another interesting point - the "taste" of a smoker is not the smoke, it is the nicotine. Someone using the nicotine patch or e-cigarettes has the same taste. Surprised me.

Brushing, flossing, gargling, mints and all that will get rid of obvious smoke odors I suppose, but the nicotine taste is pretty much endemic to the whole body. Not going to wash that away. At best, you might overpower it for a while. Not sure that is an improvement.

BTW, I think the taste of nicotine, while not exactly pleasant, is not unpleasant either. I agree with spaghetti oh that Drambui or a sip of Grand Marnier has its own charm.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 09:54PM

Brings new meaning to the phrase "I never kiss and smell ... er ah tell."

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 10:02PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.