Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon 21 ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 07:46PM

They just discussed it on ABC that you have better odds of being greased Soprano style while walking outside of you home than winning the lottery.
Damn that blood atonement. I have been praying the catholic God for a win (300 million lottery playing catholics cannot be wrong) but as I walk out to cash my ticket (I signed them already) I am going to get sacrificed to a Mormon god.

I had so much fun with this at work today. You have a better chance to get hit by a part falling off of an airplane than you have of winning the lottery. Well worth the 3.00.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 07:51PM

The odds are 1 in 259 million. The same odds of Monson growing a pair of cojones and admitting that Mormonism is a farce.

Posted by: sizterh ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 12:26AM

I just remember when I was a kid being taught that one should not play the lottery because it was like gambling. According to my mom "it is so wrong that if you won the church wouldn't even want tithing on it."

Yeah, effin, right.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 12:30AM

For one dollar I get to fantasize about what it would be like to be a multi-millionaire. I call it my voluntary tax.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 12:34AM

The lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 12:42AM

They should call it "the littlery." It is so limited.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 11:15AM

the place in Georgia where one of the winning tickets was sold is only a few miles from where I live and work. *sigh*

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 12:29PM

For one brief moment I was rich, then I bought my two tickets and now I am less rich. I hope the winners enjoy their new double wides.

Posted by: jackjoseph ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 04:32PM

>> You have a better chance to get hit by a part falling off of an airplane than you have of winning the lottery

I agree it's unlikely you'll win the lottery, but getting hit by a falling airplane part is unheard of. I don't think it's THAT unlikely. ;-)

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 05:18PM

When the California lottery first started years ago I bought a $2 ticket and won $8. I have not bought a ticket since. Thought I would quit while I was ahead.

Date: December 18, 2013 07:33PM

OK, the fun is not in winning half a billion dollars. Do you think the people who play bingo win all the time. Its the fun of playing. For 1 dollar, you are one of those people who might. You might have to go live in the desert for 6 months to avoid your family. You might even have to buy a new identity or in my case, put 500 goats outside your brothers garden. Next time it hits half a billion dollars I am in it. I knew I was going to lose the minute I saw that woman holding her lucky dog while buying her tickets.

I got 1 matching number. A guy won 40 million and gave it all away. Anyway, I have to go find a lucky dog. Next time you see a catholic spaghetti or sausage feed go! This is what your church is supposed to degenerate into. Happiness.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 08:04PM

I buy about 6 tickets a year.

Tuesday afternoon, after hearing the mega jackpot was so high, I went to my local 7-11, and bought 5 tickets.

I had the feeling I'd win.

And guess what - I WON!!

3 matches + the mega, I won a whopping 39 bucks!!

So, lemmie see..... Invested $5, won $39, net gain $34, tax-free!

There IS a Santa Claus, & I'm going to have a GREAT Christmas!

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 08:49PM

I'm not big on the lotto, but as long as you're having fun with it, I say enjoy.

I've spent more than $3.00 to see movies I didn't even end up liking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2013 08:50PM by archytas.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 09:47PM

The first time I ever gambled was when I was on my mission.

My trainer dared me to buy one of those dollar scratch and win tickets.

So I did.

And I won twenty bucks. It was awesome.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 09:52PM

lotteries are a tax on people who are bad at math.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 10:14PM

I already won the lottery. I am the product of one of the roughly 200 million sperm my father fired at an ovum in my mother's possesion almost 50 years ago.

Date: December 18, 2013 10:41PM

Lotteries are a tax on people who are bad at math. So's Mardi gras.
What would you say if I told you that most active catholics give 10% of their gross. A basket is passed around and people throw in envelopes. A tax is something that people are forced to pay. A lottery (at half a billion dollars) is a game that people pay to play.
There is a big gigantic difference between tithe and give.
I can understand why Mormons have restrictions on what they eat, drink, play, wear,get married. They have so many restrictions now they don't, know how to play as adults. Now degenerate Mormons or catholics apparently gave that up centuries ago.;-)

Date: December 18, 2013 10:49PM

And our knights of Columbus have swords. We do not stick them in caves. Swords, cloaks, banners...what more could you want....come, come to the degenerate side....bwahaha.

Date: December 18, 2013 11:33PM

Actually the star war reference I have always wanted to say to a Mormon is " the more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 18, 2013 11:47PM

But what if you have personally pissed off the mafia? I haven't, but there are undercover detectives, district attorneys, chiefs of police, other mobsters... This is why I hate, "you have better chances" arguments. Circumstance is a much better predictor of outcome.

Date: December 20, 2013 08:59AM

How many people are actually playing to actually win?Only the gambling addict.
I have probably pissed off everyone in the world but with a 666 million dollar pay out, their hands are open for a gimme, not a gun. If they kill you, estate tax comes in

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: December 20, 2013 04:07PM

When the payout gets high, it is worth buying just one ticket. Your ticket has just as much chance of winning as anybody else's ticket. If you win, will that guarantee happiness? Not hardly. But the big dollar payout will allow you to choose your favorite form of misery.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.