Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Duckboy ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:33AM

it can be surprising that a preacher / bible scholar hasn't blown his mind away regarding the Bible.

Why has nobody given Phil a newsflash regarding "Source criticism" regarding the bible?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_criticism_(biblical_studies)

Or referred him to the "Documentary hypothesis" of all the mythic stories that Phil seems to believe. The first five books of the Bible didn't just happene as it is described in the bible. Scholars know that is foolish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_hypothesis

Phil probably doesn't know that the four gospels that he loves were even written by whom we think they were.

PHil needs a study buddy for his mythic beliefs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:40AM

to even understand your post.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:46AM

Actually, his problem is that he got a degree from college, from a football scholarship. It isn't that he didn't attend school, it was that the only thing he learned, was that there were others available to do his learning for him.

One can only speculate how he would have done if he wasn't a jock, so third grade may have been the last grade he completed on his own intellectual merit.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 02:56AM

Phil also has an MA in education & a teaching credential. This creep used to be a high school English teacher.

I'm fucking glad he got out of teaching, because kids do not need a stupid ignorant fuckhead like him as a teacher & a role model.

Posted by: dcgsage ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:44AM

I have always been somewhat of a sportsman...hunter gatherer type. I have fly fished and hunted for meat to put on the table most of my life. BUt, IMHO, most modern day hunting is far removed from original intent.

Duck Dynasty is just another chapter in a sporting world gone sick.....all about money.

It sadens me to see my fellow sportsman behave the way they do sometimes. I think there are many of us who do not approach the outdoors in this way.

I guess he is a tad tamer than Ted Nugent though. Ted Nugent is the worst thing gun owners and hunters ever had on their side and the sooner they dump people like this, the better for their liberties.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:49AM

You don't know too many preachers. Knowledge of the bible is not a requirement to the job. In fact, it's preferable if you are a bit ignorant of some of its more interesting background. That way you can misquote, and deviate from it to your hearts content.

BTW, I thought Phil was a preacher himself at one time. I could be wrong, but I think that is something I heard about him.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 03:04AM

Phil can read? Wow! Could have fooled me. He is allergic to shaving and taking a bath. I thought he was illiterate too. He acts like it.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 11:58AM

The show is fake anyway.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.