Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:41PM

Hey Mormon Cult, how's the battle against Gay Marriage coming?!

cue the spin in 3... 2... 1...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 12:44PM

"First of all I think it is important that we do not gloat over this to our Republican friends or our Mormon neighbors.

Please - It would be in bad taste to speculate on whether or not Gale Ruzicka had a stroke when she heard the news.

It would be especially bad taste to hope that she did have a stroke.

I also don't think its necessary to note the irony that John Swallow, who led the charge against Gay Rights in the State Legislature, is probably going to jail while those he persecuted are getting married across the street. So quit bringing it up - OK?

Its also not necessary to point out that the Republicans who used the Gay Marriage Ban to pander to the fears of the public are now looking like unprincipled hate mongers.

And finally just because all rational people knew this law was unconstitutional when it was passed NINE YEARS AGO does not give you the right to say "I TOLD YOU SO." -- Henry Drummond

See comment section below this article:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57292247-78/ruling-marriage-utahns-react.html.csp

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 08:45PM

BS....they made their beds let them lay in the crap that they made. I have no pity for the hatred the mormons have handed out for so many years.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 01:07PM

So who will they hate next?

This is a serious question. Mormonse need imaginary enemies to feel morally superior. Hating Americans and Christians was the way to go in the 19th century. Blacks were an easy target for a good deal of the 20th. When that threatened their tax-free status, they quickly shifted their hatefulness toward gays, after a brief fight against the ERA.

So, who do you think will be next? And when, as I'm guessing they can still continue bashing gays for a while?

Posted by: goojabee ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 01:32PM

They always have atheists to fall back on, apostates are anti-Mormon. Misogyny will always be reliable.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 02:29PM

Mormons will continue to hate themselves, as they have been pretending not to do since 1830.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 08:54PM

Fat people. That's who everyone else who hated people based on surface definitions hates next. The nasty comments people make about those with weight problems, feeling somehow justified in saying those things, shows which way the wind blows. Fat will become an outward sign that a person isn't truly keeping the Word of Wisdom or Moderation in All Things.

Plus, so many Mormons use food to cope, being deprived of other adult coping methods and having so very much to cope with, that the opportunities for guilt-driven control among the larger section of Mormonism has to look good for their overlords.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 01:39PM

I think a side-effect of this might be to Renew ERA pattern laws, rulings.

In Washington state, several years ago, the SSCourt ruled that women Didn't have the right to be topfree even tho we have State ERA; (they said women's breasts are related to (Wait for it!) reproduction.

I'm not sure that ruling would be cited/upheld these days.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 02:20PM

Women's lungs are related to reproduction too - without them, no reproduction.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 02:52PM

Topfree women would make the world a better place.

I am all for it.

Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 09:46PM

What is topfree?

Topless? Braless?

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 02:16PM

I can't think of a more uninspired pack of idiots - whether the inspiration is supernatural or not. Their PR people are laughable.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 02:17PM

Nailed it, Friend.

and, they keep coming back for more!

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 02:17PM

I know. It's just incredible how they manage to find themselves on the wrong side of every issue. Every single time.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 02:25PM

There's good money in being contrarian. They look at the slow demise of liberal Christianity and realize that fostering "persecution" is the best card they can play. Being contrarian is hard-wired in the Mormon DNA.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 02:28PM

Their ability to be wrong on EVERY issue
.......is the only thing they've been consistent on.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 03:22PM

Mormons were in favor of women's suffrage long before it was the
law of the land. Utah was one of the first states to give women
the vote.

Of course, the fact that they all voted as a bloc, and that
there was not a secret ballot back then, and the fact that the
vast majority of women in Utah were Mormons could lead some
cynical people to think the Church did it just to increase their
own power at the ballot box.

But they'd NEVER be so self-serving, would they? No, they just
did it because it was the right thing to do.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 04:17PM

When the illegal immigrant rhetoric was at its most heated, LDS Inc suggested that the rhetoric be toned down, and work done toward providing a path for legal immigration. They said that these were human beings, after all, and their crime is essentially a crime of paperwork.

They certainly had what could be considered self-serving motives on that. Latin America is one of the few places where they are having at least passable success hornswoggling the locals, so they don't want the US or Utah to get the reputation as anti-hispanic.

What I found interesting was the comments in the Trib and DezNews after that statement was made. The anti-immigrant faction was not in the least moved by LDS Inc's plea. The Mormon hierarchy has already lost most liberal Mormons. They REALLY don't want to have the hard right also getting used to blowing off the pronouncements from LDS HQ.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: December 21, 2013 09:05PM

"A crime of paperwork!??" I can't stop laughing.

They ex'd me for a crime of paperwork. They've ex'd a lot of people for that crime. They've ex'd a lot of gay people for that.

The paperwork crime? No marriage license.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.