Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pamelaf3211 ( )
Date: December 22, 2013 09:45PM

Told you I'd keep you updated, so here goes.

The missionaries stopped by again. I was busy working in my office so my husband shushed them away kindly. Then my one of my home teachers came by. I noticed they assigned me fairly special home teachers- one is in the bishopric. My husband let him in and I said, "What the heck, I have questions so I'll see how he answers them". I asked all my questions, most of which involved J. Smith and his horrible ways. His answer was to tell me he's going to stop by later with a book for me to read. I can't remember the title for the life of me, but it is Church material, I'm certain. The word "wonder" is in it, I remember that much. He also told me it was good that I had questions and he said, "I, too, am a very logical person." A few hours later, my home teacher's companion stopped by (I found it odd that they did not show together). He had brought a cute pink and white hat and scarf he had crocheted for my baby, a poem he had written and chocolate candies his wife made for us. He didn't stay long or try to sway us back to the Church.

I found it odd that no one tried to sway us back. Anyway, that's my update. No one has asked me to return. I gave them my reasons and they seemed to understand. Maybe they don't want me back and are just doing their jobs as home teachers because both of them avoiding answering my questions about J. Smith.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: December 22, 2013 09:49PM

Mercifully, it probably won't last. Once they see little progress, they abandon you. I guess they figure there's no use wasting energy on lost causes! Oddly though, this usually happens so quickly that it proves a point: They're only your friends if you are in TSCC or might return. They dump your a$$ so fast that it proves it was all a sham.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2013 09:50PM by rationalist01.

Date: December 22, 2013 09:58PM

rationalist01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mercifully, it probably won't last. Once they see
> little progress, they abandon you. I guess they
> figure there's no use wasting energy on lost
> causes! Oddly though, this usually happens so
> quickly that it proves a point: They're only your
> friends if you are in TSCC or might return. They
> dump your a$$ so fast that it proves it was all a
> sham.

Yup, I believe you're right. I'm also not a tithe payer right now so I am of no use to them except maybe to sing in their choir or for my cooking skills.

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: December 22, 2013 09:55PM

A marvelous work and a wonder?

Date: December 22, 2013 09:57PM

Dead Cat Wrote:
> A marvelous work and a wonder?

YES that is the book the 2nd counselor wants me to read. I don't know a thing about it, except that it is Church literature.

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: December 22, 2013 09:59PM

He thinks, A Marvelous Work and a Wonder, will help with your issues? Hahahahaha

Date: December 22, 2013 10:03PM

closer2fine Wrote:
> He thinks, A Marvelous Work and a Wonder, will
> help with your issues? Hahahahaha

I don't even know what the book is about. But I told him my issues were based upon my research of the history of the church, including journals found from J. Smith's wives, a newspaper (the one regarding William Law's persecution of J. Smith), and J. Smith's involvement in abortions.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 02:58AM

I can GAURANTEE that "A Marvellous Work and a Wonder" will NOT answer your questions. They are simply trying to give you something else to think about. NOTHING answers all the things you state, in tscc, it is ignored and you are expected to have faith.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.