Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 02:28PM

My parents never told us Santa wasn't real. My TBM neighbors haven't told their teenage daughter Santa isn't real. Most Mormon people I've queried have told me their parents never told them either.

When are kids asked my wife she asked me what we wanted to do. I immediately told her that we should tell them the truth when asked. As long as they weren't asking and as long as it didn't get out of hand like them still holding out hope into their teens, the delusion seemed harmless to me.

So is the not telling your kids even when they ask prevalent in Mormonism?

I suspect it is. There was a recent post where a TBM compared in the blog Mormons to Buddy Elf in a favorable fashion. The punch line was Buddy and Mormons believing.

I remember asking my mother as a child after hearing kids in school talking if Santa was real. She told me he was.

The TBM neighbors asked us if we told our kids and we told them that when the kids asked us we told them Santa doesn't exist. They said they just let their kids figure it out on their own.

I know I figured out Santa wasn't real on my own as well as Nephi et al not being real.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.