Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Telestial Chick ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 01:35PM

Essentially, the biological father alleges that LDS Family Services conspired with the birth mother and law firm to trick the father and prevent him from asserting his rights as a father while they all secretly arranged the adoption.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57332833-78/strickland-adoption-demke-utah.html.csp

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 02:04PM

Good for him..... I hope he wins.....even though that will never make up for it.....

Posted by: heart2survive ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 08:09PM

Yet another thing they control with a wicked strength. I am new to this post. I have just started my own blog, regarding grandparents who have been forbidden to see grand kids. Not sure how to start a thread..someone please explain how I can start a thread and talk to others on this subject? Thank you in advance. Heart2survive..

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 02:05PM

I hope he wins

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 02:11PM

theological scam after scam scam after scam scam after scam!!!!!

Posted by: mysid ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 04:24PM

The section at the end of the article criticising Utah's "pro-adoption, anti-paternity laws" wouldn't have made sense to me if I hadn't learned about Mormonism here and at Read It. The idea that a state would frame it's laws to make it easier for a birthmother to defraud a birthfather would have seemed conspiracy theorist paranoid--until I understood how Mormons would consider that a valid thing to do so a child can be adopted by a sealed couple.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.