Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 04:00PM

28,835 Total BIC Days (79 Years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy)
minus
6,600 Young BIC Days (18 Years)
Leaves me with
22,235 You decide Days

I spent around 4,000 days accepting my covenant birth after I reached adulthood.

Of the possibly thousands of days I have left I want to make each one "one day" without as much intolerance and moral haughtiness I was raised up with as I can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwAYpLVyeFU

http://exmormon.org/d6/drupal/My-life-as-a-deceived-Mormon
"85 years as a TBM, only to have it all shown to be a big lie."
31,025 BIC Days

His kindness and service were laudable but in the service of what? Just a big lie? Or an organization who claimed his service and kindness for a cause he would not have supported had he known the extent of this organization's hypocrisy and laughable historical claims.

One more day I will not be as a "BIC" kid who accepts his birthright for a chance to be tied to the dead in a temple, a calling I didn't decide I wanted to do and especially the excessive baggage of religious prejudice and bias towards people who don't share my values but have value.

If I never hear "they would make a great member" again by Mormons talking about people where weren't "born in the covenant" it will be a blessing much better than a Holy Ghost guidance system promised to me at my birth.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 02:49PM by Pagag.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 09, 2014 12:34PM

Posted by: 404 ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 02:41PM

huh?????????????????????????????????

Date: January 09, 2014 02:45PM

Simplified -> I don't want to spend 85 years as a BIC. Each day after the one I was born on and since reaching adulthood and finally in my 30s waking up to the LDS Inc. hoax like that poor 85 year old man, I reject their "covenant" that I was supposedly "born into."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 02:50PM by Pagag.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 02:57PM

so did my kids. So, not just rejecting my birthright, but breaking the cycle. It's one of those things I'm happy and proud of, but my extended family considers me a villian for. Or... I'm a contemporary pioneer in honor of my predecessors. :-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.