Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: justleft ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 02:02PM

After about four months of near panic attacks and extreme stress over leaving the Morg, the liberation set in today. It's fantastic. I thought I was going to have to wait so much longer. Too bad what pushed me into the liberation was lots of unrelated personal tragedy. I am totally happy about worshipping at my new church, the church of NPR and lattes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rose2008 ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 02:45PM

How long had it been between when you stopped believing and you left the church. For me I officially left the church about a year and a half after I stopped believing so when I left I felt nothing but liberation. I got the feelings you describe before I left the church.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 02:46PM

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 03:15PM

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh . . .

Now doesn't that feel better?

;o)

Posted by: justleft ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 03:17PM

I had my "Oh Shit" moment about two years before I left, but it took me a long time to make the final leap. I had a lot of stuff to sort out after years of digging to figure out any myriad of things. Plus, there was a pretty major element of anger about all the lies I was told mixed with panic of dealing with my remaining TBM family members and friends around the country. It was pretty big paradigm shift.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.