Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 06:46AM

The Seahawks did it! Everyone here in the Pacific NW is just giddy about it.

First ever Super Bowl championship and the only championship to come to Seattle in the last 35 years. I'm on cloud 9.

I hope this is the first of several more to come. They are young and most of their players under contract for several years. They will be a team to be seriously reckoned with for the at least the next 4-5 seasons.

I also have to say that Peyton Manning's record setting season suddenly looks very suspect. I think he benefited big time from playing in the AFC West. Had the Broncos been in the NFC West, I don't think that his season statistics would have been nearly so impressive. This is the first time that the Broncos had to play against a top notch defense and it showed big time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 12:02PM

I think the 49ers would have beat the Broncos.

Date: February 03, 2014 12:45PM

I think so too. The 49ers were the second best team in the NFL this year.

Posted by: heretic ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 12:41PM

I'm a Seahawk fan, watched every game on TV with the extended family
and got to attend the Seahawk victory over the Broncos in their preseason game in Seattle.
(Maybe preseason game outcomes actually do give some indicators of future performance)
I don't think anyone saw this one shaking out the way it did.
In fact, I said that if Seattle and Denver played 10 times
I think the Seahawks would only win maybe four of those ten.

All that said, my heart goes out to the Bronco fans
and I would have still preferred us to win by just one point.
We had family members who were Bronco fans who watched the game with us.
They were totally devastated not just by the defeat,
but by the enormity of the defeat.

Date: February 03, 2014 12:51PM

My daughter and SIL live in Denver. They were pretty confident that Denver would win.

I actually saw this one coming. I didn't predict the blowout, but I did think Seattle could easily win it by a couple of touchdowns.

As impressive as Manning's stats were this year, I realized that he hadn't faced a serious defense all year. I thought that Seattle's secondary could neutralize him. They certainly did.

I think the 2013 Seahawks defense has to be placed right up there with the 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 86 Giants, and the late 70s Steelers as one of the greatest defenses of all time.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 12:54PM

Very quiet at work today. Nothing to talk about for the Denver Bronco fans here in CO.

It was like the Harlem Globetrotters playing the local High school team.

Posted by: danl ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 12:58PM

I didn't really care who won, I just wanted it close. It was a boring game, even the commercials were not very good.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 01:05PM

I agree. I think Seattle fans are the only people who enjoyed the game.

Posted by: Adult of god nli ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 02:02PM

Maybe the Broncos went into the game believing all the hype. The majority of the forecasters went with the Broncos by a touchdown or two, ordaining Manning in advance as the greatest, etc. It also seems that the Seahawks have made themselves into a really superior team!

We were the only ones in our general neighborhood who had any team regalia up, so it was low-key in the morridor. At our house, with some life-long Hawks' fans and strong ties to the PNW, it was fabulous! And it still is, the day after the game!

Posted by: Elizabeth 44 ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 10:21PM

The Seahawks vs. the 49ers was a much better game. It really should have been the Super Bowl. The announcers kept talking about Seattle's defense being a solid wall. It was no such thing. They were taking it to the Broncos from every direction.

Posted by: Annon4thisOne ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:08PM

I'll be saying it all next year to if it helps the Seahawks win again.

GO RAIDERS!!!!

Posted by: ldsidiot ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:25PM

I'm glad Denver got blown out so badly. Mostly because I'm a huge Chargers fan, but it also shut up all the recent 'fans' of Denver at my work. They were pretty full of themselves up until last night. (I say 'fans', because these guys haven't talked about football all season until the 2nd half of the playoffs started)
I do like Peyton Manning though, he always handles himself well, even after that loss.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 05:44PM by ldsidiot.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:34PM

Manning displayed remarkable character after the loss. I like the guy while not a Broncos fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/peyton-manning-leaves-crushing-super-bowl-loss-with-reputation-intact-065205260.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 10:59PM

I'm from Colorado and I can say Broncos fans are the worst.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.