Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 08:02AM

Was that the WORST Super Bowl or what????.........

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cantdoit ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 08:05AM

It's great if you're from Seattle! Go Hawks!!!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 08:29AM

I don't like it when the score is so lopsided. Fortunately, Downton Abbey was on.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 08:33AM

Had to see it on demand because it wasn't on at the Super Bowl party I attended. The game was on downstairs, but fortunately for me, most of the party goers stayed upstairs and were more interested in food and conversation than in the game.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 11:36AM

Oh it could be worse, in Canada all the good commercials are replaced with crappy Canadian ones that either have been playing well before the Superb Owl, or that were poorly done specifically for the big game. I have to watch the good commercials on YouTube.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 12:38PM

yes we do sqeebee, used to watch US tv on UHF from Great Falls. MT before it went digital and screwed it all up.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 01:25PM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes we do sqeebee, used to watch US tv on UHF from
> Great Falls. MT before it went digital and screwed
> it all up.
>
> Ron Burr

I wish I could pickup the Mount Royal feed. The Ridge blocks out my signal. At least that's what the sign maps show. Might try again with a better UHF antenna in the future.

Date: February 03, 2014 01:19PM

squeebee Wrote:
> Oh it could be worse, in Canada all the good
> commercials are replaced with crappy Canadian ones
> that either have been playing well before the
> Superb Owl, or that were poorly done specifically
> for the big game. I have to watch the good
> commercials on YouTube.

I watched the game on ShawDirect (Rochester Fox). US commercials and all. If Global Lethbridge would have had the US commercials I would have watched it over the air.

Date: February 03, 2014 01:42PM

Whoah now, there's two on here from Lethbridge?

Date: February 03, 2014 02:57PM

squeebee Wrote:
> Whoah now, there's two on here from Lethbridge?

Magrath

Date: February 03, 2014 03:09PM

Aah. I'm originally Cardston, spent time in Lethbridge, now in Calgary.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 03:52PM

From now on, I too will be calling it the "Superb Owl".

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 11:39AM

Bob Dylan's Chrysler commercial was worth watching the Super Bowl for me.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 12:36PM

Didn't watch...wasn't planning to either...don't care about football...the wife was watching FHV reruns (hates all sports) and I was surfin' the net.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 12:45PM

I heard there was a 'Walking Dead' marathon so I turned on the TV--for 20 minutes I thought I was watching humans vs. zombies before I realized it was actually Seattle vs. Denver....

Posted by: allegro ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 01:08PM

I am glad the Doritos "Time Machine" commercial was on early in the game. I might have missed it if it came on after Bruno Mars. Very funny commercial.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 01:10PM

The highlights from the game are good. And much shorter than the game.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 01:22PM

Dylan has done commercial work before. The Superbowl ad was one of his best.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/watch-bob-dylans-super-bowl-commercial-for-chrysler-20140203

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 01:11PM

I agree. It was boring and not because I preferred that the Broncos win - I'm actually a big Seahawks fan too and I was happy that a team who NEVER had won a Super Bowl before actually won. But the game itself was just not worth watching. And if the Broncos had walked all over the Seahawks, I would have found it boring. It wasn't about who won. Games are much more fun if there is an actual contest and - may the flying spaghetti monster forgive me - the Broncos just lay down and failed to put up any fight. It's not as satisfying a victory if you beat someone who doesn't fight back. And it doesn't make for an interesting, worth watching game. Although I'm sure you'd have trouble convincing Seahawks fans of that. One of my friends was posting all over FB how it was the "perfect game to watch with family and friends" and I KNEW that comment showed she didn't understand the first thing about football - just jumped on the Seahawks band wagon because she lives in Seattle. A real football fan wants to see a contest and isn't impressed when a prize is just handed to them with no fight.

Oh well - 213 days to the start of next season. Maybe they will have located the REAL Broncos team by then instead of whomever played last night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 01:13PM by CA girl.

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 01:39PM

I just watched the half time show. I'm old so I liked Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers not so much.

I don't know how a game that lop-sided good be very good even if you were a Sea Hawks fan.

I remember the first Super Bowl. I'm not much of a football fan, so to me it doesn't seem like the game has changed as much as the food and the commercials. I love that I can watch Downton Abbey, eat Super Bowl food and catch the commercials on the internet. Win, win and win.

Posted by: Adult of god nli ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 01:39PM

I thought the Seahawks win was thrilling! The Broncos were so far ahead in the hype and then the Hawks couldn't get a touchdown for a while. And then the suspense for me was could they make it a shut out.

(I was accused of over-cheering, but it all so heartfelt!)

I couldn't believe the safety on the first play, and neither could Manning, I'm sure. But then it took a play for the Hawks to settle in too, and then they gave their all. Harvin's kick-off return was wonderful! What a way to come back to your team.

It was joyous!

Posted by: rain ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 07:45PM

+100

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 08:16PM

You must live near Denver because from everything I read, from players and sports analysts, the pregame opinions were that it would be too close to call. I didn't hear any hype for the Broncos - it seemed like half the people were for one team, half were for the other.

I still think the game was one of the most boring Super Bowls I've ever seen. I wanted to see a contest and this was way too one-sided for me. I guess I couldn't see the Seahawks messing up profoundly nor could I see the Broncos pulling off a miracle. So it took all the excitement out of the game and made it as predictable as a tic-tac-toe game.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 03:50PM

Two reasons why you should give us poor Seattlites a break:

1. We finally managed to transcend Seattle's loser sports culture for the first time in 35 years.

2. Those of us who long ago disinvested in Seattle's loser sports culture are now having to eat crow.

Posted by: Tal Bachman ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 04:06PM

Bruno Mars and the Chili Peppers killed it

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 07:20PM

Those musicians sure had a lot more energy than the lackluster game.

Posted by: rain ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 07:45PM

Well, the Broncos were lacking energy. You can hardly say the Seahawks lacked energy.

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 07:26PM

If ya look like Beckham, great, go shirtless, but seriously, flabby old rockers who cant enunciate for shyte, put your shirts on. Please.

Posted by: The Holy Spearmint ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 07:28PM

At least he was wearing more than just a sock...

Posted by: Chloe ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 07:54PM

"Doberhuahua" !!!

The Doberman-Chihuahua commercial was very creative and cute.

It already has over 9 million views on YouTube.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 08:31PM

Football: Run five yards, fall down, pile up. Run five yards, fall down, pile up.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.