Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cr@ig P@xton ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:00PM

What a silly, stupid, naïve move on your part Tom Phillips, you've played right into the hands of the church and given them exactly what I’m sure they've wanted you to give them. Here they spent millions of dollars on a slick advertising campaign in England last year and nary made a dent…then you went and did this... Now they get the double bonus of all of this free press and the opportunity to prove to the world that the church is true.

Drat, you’ve given their prophet a platform to prove to the entire world and the English people in particular that he talks to God and that the church alone holds the real truth in the world. Now they’ll have the opportunity to show everyone that the Book of Mormon is in fact the most correct book on earth. That Amerindians did in fact descend from ancient Israelites. That Joseph could indeed translate ancient Egyptian papyri, that mankind descended from two humans 6,000 years ago. Do you even have any clue what you’ve done?

How naïve of you Tom, finally the church can present its truth claims to the English people in mass and prove once and for all that the Mormon church is everything it claims to be. Gawd Damit...do you have any idea what you've done to us?

This is a great day in the Mormon Church…and a very very bad day for those of us who lost belief despite all of the supporting evidence…which we have stubbornly have refused to look at because of our desire to sin.

I can hear the cheers emanating from the Church Administration Building as we speak. “Our Prayers have been answered…Yippy for us we can finally prove the truth of our claims to the world in a court of law...glory be to God" I have no doubt that at this very moment President Monson is clearing his schedule, buying his plane tickets, pressing his best white shirt and doing his best touch down victory dance.

If only you had had the forethought to think this thing through before you went ahead with this hairbrained idea of yours...but Noooooo... you had to go ahead and play right in their hands and gave them the very platform they had been praying for for years.

Tom, you have set the non-believer movement back for years to come…once the church has this opportunity to prove their truth in court…everyone will want to join the church…

Sorry Tom Phillips but you’ve played right into the hands of the church…what a dumb stupid move

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:02PM

+1,000,000,000

:D

Posted by: anonthistime ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:03PM

LOL! You had me going at first...I thought you were a troll. Very enjoyable!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:04PM

In related news, Bill Nye has announced that he will be baptized LDS and go by the new name "Bill Nye The Apologist Guy"

Posted by: Notloggedin ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:06PM

In that case, Tom is making a shitty ass anti Christ. So much for my diabolical dreams.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:07PM

I hate this too. As soon as Tommy gets his rameumpton and the British people see him speak, they'll know he talks directly to God. He will testify of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, as he always does in conference, but this time it will be on the UK news. They will have to have more mishies in the UK missions to make it to all the people who want a copy. Shoulda seen it coming, Tom.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:10PM

You had me going too. I was about ready to tell you off about how we owe so much to Tom.
This part is hysterical "doing his best touch down victory dance" - about like the dance Peyton Manning is doing! NOT VICTORY!

Chicken - funny!
If you like funny stuff, I was up late last night writing a funny.

Posted by: Cr@ig P@xton ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:18PM

The worst part and my greatest fear is that the Prophet will not stop with just the 7 issues in Tom's complaint. He'll be able to prove that there was no death prior to 4,000 BC, that there was a universal flood, that he alone talks to God rather than that media wet dream of a Pope in Rome...Oh President Monson is going to take full advantage of this opportunity...he is sick and tired of the Pope getting all the media attention...he knows that this is his opportunity to shine his rightful media attention for the church...he'll take full advantage of all of his special media skills I have no doubt

This is just a terrible disaster...once Monson takes the stand we're doomed. We might as well just give up right now and all return to church...

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:19PM

Always good to see your posts, CPax. I hope you were holding your arm to the square as you typed that.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:19PM

Everyone knows that Tom Monson will just smite Tom Phillips just like Jacob did to Sherem and Alma did to Korihor. God doesn't need his prophets to win the argument, just smite the anti-christ after fair warning.

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:21PM

Nice job. You make the point that if TSM really were a prophet of God, this is exactly what he would be doing. He'd be eager to proclaim the Truth and God's Message. That's what prophets do.

But all I see TSM doing is hiding behind his PR agency. Not very inspiring.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:22PM

Finally! Someone is seeing this for what it is. Can you imagine how the people of England are going to fall on their knees in awe as they watch the televised court proceeding and Monson dazzles with his brilliance and charisma, followed by processions by the thousands to the Thames. I'm calling my broker right now to invest in white baptismal clothes.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:37PM

President Monson will enthusiastically obey the commandment in D&C 71, which calls upon Mormons to confront their enemies both in public and in private, so that their enemies will be shamed.

The Lord has provided the means to do that! Praise the Lord!

Posted by: Southern Utah Apostate ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:55PM

haha

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:57PM

I hope that lady magistrate makes Tommy pee his depends!

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:59PM

Tommy monsoon that is!

Posted by: Not logged in (usually Duffy) ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 11:59PM

I just hope she's not a widow. You know how he can charm those widows!

Posted by: ENDUMBED ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 06:58PM

0nce they intr0duce the 1egacy m0vie, I kn0w they wi11 dismiss the n0nmartyr charges

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 08:14PM

Very fun and funny post. But the premise is correct. Tom Phillips has given TSCC a forum they could only pray for. If they believed that what they taught was true, Thomas S. Monson would shine his shoes and his forehead and head for London to testify of the truthfulness of the gospel. He won't do that, of course, because he can't even testify at home in his own little enclave.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 11:32PM

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 11:48PM

Momson is a dement.

Give the 'prophet' lots and lots of publicity.

Note to self:
Git popcorn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2014 11:50PM by zenjamin.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 11:49PM

Very much looking forward to Tommy's "Samuel the Lamanite" moment. Fingers crossed.

Posted by: IDRugger ( )
Date: February 05, 2014 11:55PM

Yeah and we will see a vast British invasion and handcart sales will skyrocket as they treck to Utah. . .

Posted by: dragonmystic ( )
Date: February 06, 2014 12:53AM

They'll....handcart across the Ocean?

...of course. Faith can let you do ANYTHING!

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: February 06, 2014 01:10AM

Put your shoulder to the wheel, swim alooong....

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: February 06, 2014 01:04AM

After Tommy bears his highly persuasive testimony, due to wickedness the court will convict him anyway. Then Tommy will bust out of jail just like Alma did in the BOM. Those who weren't converted by his testimony will be converted by his miraculous escape from jail.

All of the UK will be converted and London will become the 4th Jerusalem ater the real Jerusalem, Missouri and Salt Lake City. Or so it seems to me ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2014 01:06AM by The Invisible Green Potato.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 06, 2014 01:05AM

YES where is the damn Sword of Laban?

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: February 06, 2014 01:18AM

I keep thinking about those flipchart pictures of prophets... Noah evading rocks, Samuel and all those arrows, Abinidi in chains, Daniel hanging out with the lions.

Mormon prophets have lawyers and PR teams and cushy surroundings, and they go well into their Depends years.

Posted by: rocketscientist ( )
Date: February 06, 2014 08:27AM

I recall another "Tom" who was happy when the original BOA documents were found in the NY museum. He was sure having those docs would give the church its opportunity to prove that JS was indeed a prophet.

That was Thomas Stuart Ferguson and he got the surprise of his life when he took a copy of the papyri to some UCLA professors.

Hopefully this new opportunity with the UK court will turn out as good that one.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: February 06, 2014 09:24AM

Sweet reading on commute this morning.

Posted by: fenodyree ( )
Date: February 06, 2014 09:36AM

Gosh, think of the viewing figures for conference! They'll stream in live on the BBC i-player & Sky on demand!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.