Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 03:18AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 03:22AM

The F*cking Nephites were English - that's what they will say except they will say the timing is off.

Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 04:17AM

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 04:17AM

Here's the BBC article with the claim "Earliest footprints outside Africa found in Norfolk."

I'm always skeptical of such extreme claims because they smack of somebody trying to make a name for themselves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26025763

>"At first, we weren't sure what we were seeing," Dr Ashton told me, "but it was soon clear that the hollows resembled human footprints."

>The hollows were washed away not long after they were identified. The team were, however, able to capture the footprints on video that will be shown at an exhibition at London's Natural History Museum later this month.

So these alleged footprints persist for 800,000 years and are suddenly washed away?

BTW, the dating methods also appear questionable. Finally, I looked at the journal PLOS ONE, and their methods of publishing "scientific findings" appear problematic.

In this one, the speculation is that an early hominim, Homo antecessor. created the casts, but the evidence for H. antecessor (200,000 years early than some fossils found in Spain) are some "flint tools" that were found by the same archaeological team that discovered the alleged footprints.

Posted by: AFT ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 04:38AM

The area they usually find these footprints is the bottom of the channel between England and the rest of Europe. When tides become abnormally low they can excavate the area. But the footprints don't last well once exposed and I've seen cases where they are gently washing them to expose more of them and they DO wash away, if the team isn't careful.

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 05:27AM

The American Nephite Tourists left their lens cover behind.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 10:18AM

Looks like nothing to me.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 10:45AM

I'm waiting for more proof, but it's not beyond the realm of believability. We and our ancestor species have been around for a long time, and we are wanderers. 800,000 years is well before the apparent main flow of homo sapiens toward Europe, but who's to say there weren't earlier migrations? We'll need more evidence.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 12:01PM

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 02:35PM

My dad says: "The earth was pieced together with materials from old earths."

*facepalm*

Posted by: mike ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 02:39PM

There was a sign in reformed Egyptian that read "Nephi was here" next to the footprints.

The scientists covered it up. True story.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 03:42PM

445,000 years ago the Annunaki arrived to pursue their search for gold to repair their planet's atmosphere. Therefore there is nothing unusal about the footprint.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 03:53PM

I was unable to make out any "footprints" in that photo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.