Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 06:42PM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/57513084-180/church-board-women-international.html.csp

Love this, and it proves without a doubt the Brethren are inspired.

You see, now the YW General Board will have but four local board members from the Wasatch Front and five (count 'em, FIVE) women living outside of Utah.

YW President Bonnie Oscarson said "It helps make the church smaller. It helps us address the needs throughout the world." The 15 million-member Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, she said, "is not a Wasatch Front church or even a church in the United States."

And (brace yourself), "The other two LDS women-run organizations — the adult Relief Society and Primary, for children from ages 3 to 11 — are watching to see how well the addition of international board members works. If it is successful, the other female leaders said, they might follow suit."

The stone is rolling forth. What can I say?

(And I can't help but chuckle when she says the LDS church "is not...even a church in the United States." Maybe she Googled "Corporation sole.")

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Holy Spearmint ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 07:11PM

"It helps make the church smaller."

See, women in the church CAN receive revelation!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 11:36PM

I just feel sorry for those women - not only did they feel safe but now they have to deal with stereotypical brainwashed Mormon crazy b#tches.

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: February 09, 2014 02:38AM

A TBM posted this on her wall and I commented that women will still have to defer to the priesthood and no program will get approved without the brethren creating and participating in its conception. Ergo, this is no a women's int'l organization but yet another branch of the priesthood.

Needless to say, my comment was deleted.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.