Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jim Huston ( )
Date: February 17, 2011 06:50PM

Going through some boxes over the weekend I came across a historic document of sorts. I have an original "To All Young Men" pamphlet that was given to boys 1970-1980. This is the 1976 "little factory" address given at the October 2 General Priesthood session of conference. I have scanned this and put it on my site as a pdf file for all those who are interested in a copy of the actual pamphlet. The address is:

http://jhuston.com/Boyd's_Little_Factory.pdf

Let me know if you have any problem getting this. Converting it to a pdf reduced the size to about 1.5MB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 07:04PM by Jim Huston.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: February 17, 2011 06:57PM

In lieu of parenting, my idiot father gave my two bothers the "little factory" pamphlet. He didn't give me a copy, because he knew I would laugh in his face.

Posted by: Jim Huston ( )
Date: February 17, 2011 07:01PM

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: February 17, 2011 09:06PM

<snort + screen-spray>

Posted by: Agamotto ( )
Date: March 07, 2023 08:08PM

It seems the link is now non-existent, is there another way to see it?

Posted by: Out and about ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 07:42PM

Don Bagley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In lieu of parenting, my idiot father gave my two
> bothers the "little factory" pamphlet. He didn't
> give me a copy, because he knew I would laugh in
> his face.

This is hysterical..but also sad. I learned about "the factory" after joining and was bothered by an outside source, a grown man,involving himself in the relationships minors had with their own bodies. Understand as an adult convert this, and bishops interviewing kids and asking them personal questions sounded like sexual harrassment and borderline mentally abusive. Let him worry about his own LITTLE factory. Pervert.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 17, 2011 07:28PM

I had never heard it until I came to RfM about 5-1/2 years ago and someone posted it. I thought it was a joke.

If that doesn't make someone go, "WTF?" about the church, I don't know what would.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: February 17, 2011 07:48PM

If my DS ever has that handed to him I will scream bloody murder at whoever the hell gave it to him! I'll be damned if I'll let TSCC mess his mind up over such a stupid matter!

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: February 17, 2011 08:34PM

Thanks Jim, I will always treasure it :) :)

Every home ought to have a copy on each floor ...

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: February 17, 2011 10:56PM

I was 21 when this pamphlet came out too. I'd say it was about 10 years too late.

I never actually saw the pamphlet before but have heard about it for years. Thanks for posting it Jim. I'm sure glad they didn't hand me that shit when I was 12. The interviews were bad enough.

Posted by: Kablam ( )
Date: February 17, 2011 11:55PM

HAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh, wow.

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 12:47AM

Posted by: queenb ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 01:02AM

DebbiePA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your body, your garage....
>
> http://www.postmormon.org/exp_e/index.php/discussi
> ons/viewthread/12597

LMAO!!! that killed me!!

Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 02:11AM

mormon style.

Posted by: verdacht ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 04:09PM

I remember sitting in our stake center chapel listening to this thing...lots of eye rolling and smirking. Not from me of course.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 10:49PM

the boys over at irreligiousophy have a show on this talk. It's a riot.

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 11:01PM

"Produce the product that generates life..."

Why doesn't he just call it sperm? I guess he had watched that Woody Allen movie "Everything you wanted to know about Sex" when the actors in the white suits and helmets were loaded into the cannon and...

"You will hardly be aware it is working at all." What???

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 06:40AM

+1

If Neal Maxwell had given this talk, it would have gone something like, "Baby batter brought forth by an unhallowed hand."

The subtext of Boyd's words in this pamphlet that has caused so much harm to the self esteem of boys raised in TSCC provides some possible clues about the real inner workings of Boyd's life:

- He probably has a bad temper that he had to learn to rein in with an iron fist of control.

- He has shady thoughts that creep onto the stage of his mind on a regular basis--some of them gray, some of them absofvckin'filthy.

- He had very few wet dreams as a lad.

- He was barely aware of his little factory until another boy (or man) introduced him to mutual masturbation, and Boyd, just like Katie Perry when she kissed a girl, liked it! At that point, he started singing out his cold, black heart to chase away the visions of pud-pulls dancing in his head. An apt hymn choice would have been "Praise to the Man" (who communed with Boyd's factory).

- He wishes he would have been badass enough to deck the guy who ignited his little factory because closing that muthafvcka down has been a lifelong enterprise of trying to make everybody loathe themselves as much as he loathes himself, but Boyd's always just been a mean-spirited, wanna-be badass. If only he had decked the guy, we might have been spared his life's work of obsessively thinking about and compulsively talking and writing about scary, naughty little factories.

- He thinks the only real men are masculine, manly men, but even when he's delivering his harsh judgments from the pulpit, he's always seemed a bit prissy. That clash of expectation and reality might have led him to overcompensate for his lack of manliness with increased jackassishness. Hand-carving delicate birds from wood might appear a bit effete for a TRUE manly man, unless you endlessly scream "I hate homosexuals" while doing so. Suddenly, whittling wood seems downright badass.

The following link has this quote from Boyd about his love of handling wood and is double-entendre rich:
"During those hours working with my hands, I pondered on the marvels of creation, and inspiration would flow. As I carved wood, I carved out talks." I'm guessing the hours spent working the wood with his hands while the um, errrr, inspiration, yeah, that's it--inspiration--flowed very much inspired this General Priesthood session talk.

http://www.lds.org/museum/exhibits/packer/

In the name of Surfer Jesus is hawwt and makes filthy thoughts leap for joy across the stage of mind,
Ahhh, men!

Good to see you back here, Jim. Thanks for making the pamphlet available as a PDF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2013 06:42AM by Surrender Dorothy.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 01:39AM

when I open up my titty bar(The Telestial Kingdom) the restrooms will be wallpapered with this!

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 01:57AM

I chose: "Come Come Ye Saints"

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 02:48AM

What a creepy little pamphlet.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 03:17AM

The best comedy to ever have come from the church.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 04:10AM

Oh boy did this bring back memories. We girls got a little booklet with green writing, called CHASTITY. Not as much detail as this one, but along the same lines.

One thing I remember most is seeing a film about such things by a GA, oh in the late 60s, He talked about the FEELINGS being SO strong in men because that is the only way men would want to take on the HEAVY responsibility of marriage and fatherhood.

There was NO mention of the feelings of women nor the RESPONSIBILIY of motherhood. I don;t think we were supposed to have feelings, and the having babies part was just a given.

RIIIIIGHT!!!

Date: March 08, 2023 11:29PM

No sauce for the taco until you have signed your life away in the holy temple. Bow your head and say yes.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 07:20AM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 07:28AM

It always confused me why Packer labelled his "wee Boyd junior" a LITTLE factory...any guesses?

Date: March 08, 2023 03:16AM

I wonder how many boys started playing with themselves after hearing about the little factory and they shot the love batter for the first time and went WOW! I'm doing that again!

Posted by: lapsed2 ( )
Date: March 11, 2023 10:46AM

If they didn’t want me to masturbate, they shouldn’t have put a really hunky guy on the cover!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.