Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 01:40AM

Or do the mishies stay up, or do they have personnel from different time zones chat?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bratschedan ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 01:45AM

It stops at 1 AM Utah time. Reopens 4 AM Utah time.

Posted by: talktodem ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 03:16AM

So 3 hrs off then back to lying?

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 09:52AM

LOL! Good one!

Posted by: guywhoisfinallyfree ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 07:56AM

They also have personnel from different timezones usually there are some from England London Mission. (Hyde) They can chat from 10am until 9 pm

Posted by: acerbic ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 08:08AM

I asked contentious questions of them and got cut off. Now when I try to go there, its says they are not available.

Posted by: NewJerseyGirl ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 08:40AM

They probably blocked your IP address, possibly your MAC address. You can always use a website to use as a proxy to generate a new (technically a cover) IP. If its the MAC address, you would need to use another device.

Posted by: kirchoff ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 09:40AM

I recently stopped by to ask a question about whether God came down to have physical sex with Mary. After a long pause they ended the chat. Is that question off-limits?

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 09:44AM

You mentioned sex to a bunch of hormonal, horny young single adults. Plus, you put it in a religious context. They were uncomfortable, err I mean that the spirit told them that it wasn't a good place to be and to follow the example of Joseph with potiphars wife.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 09:56AM

They suspected they were being set up for a hit on their testimony. Their fragile, battered testimonies.

Posted by: guywhoisfinallyfree ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 09:47AM

Everything is outta limit. they only can ask standard questions. If it takes longer they try to supervise an answer or find something like a link to some crappy speech of the geezers or scripture. they have a list of inappropriate questions that should lead to end t h e chat ASAP.
so the Gawd screwed Mary thing is definitely on the list. Just like the most polygamous topics, Joe and the gals, BoA and other "critical" stuff like that. I bet the fraud issue is a big no-no either.

Posted by: virgilwasyes ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 09:49AM

I remember being in the MTC and having to "work" in their call-center answering questions over the phone and instant chat. Ugh. I hated it. Didn't help that I was questioning the church (and all things religion for that matter) when I was chatting with people. I was well educated during that timeframe though... but NOT by the church. My eyes were starting to become open.

In other words--keep chattting/calling them and raising these questions. The more seeds of doubt we can put into TBM missionary's heads the better. Their mission is to brainwash, so it's our mission then to un-brainwash. Spread the GOOD word. :)

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 10:12AM

A lot of the "missionaries" on the mormon.org chat are BYU students. They're not all actual missionaries...

Posted by: whatiswanted ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 10:30AM

I have been going there to talk to them about their prophet being summoned to the U.K. for fraud...

For a few days they said they knew nothing about it. Last night they said it was because a member was offended...

I then asked them about tithing having to be paid to get into the temple....they said it was a commandment

I replied so is honoring the Sabbath day but mormons who go to the store, travel and work on the Sabbath still get to go to the temple... Chat ended

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.