Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 05:37PM

I’ve been out of school for the last 2 days bc of snow and I’m getting pretty hard up for entertainment so I was watching some of the old Heart of the Matter Clips on Youtube. The playlist I watched was a montage of all the old John O’Fallon calls who apparently is in the bishopric in Illinois.

During one clip after O’Fallon hung up, McCraney said the John O’Fallon is the perfect LDS male caller because he publically declares what is normally reserved for the privacy of Elder’s Quorum and High Priest meetings, namely that the members regularly talk about how they are the heads of their households, how their submissive wives do their bidding and how much they’re going to enjoy having a multiplicity of wives when they are gods in the CK. Oh yeah, and something about loving being "white and delightsome."

So is this legit? Do men in these groups normally talk about this stuff? I have watched the Priesthood session of GC and I never hear crap like this. Anyone here actually been in those meetings and can attest to the kind of talk McCraney is claiming? Do these same kinds of discussions go on outside the Morridor in other wards across the country and world?

Is this another example of the “meat” they’re talking about?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 06:16PM

I am a big Mcraney fan. I know exactly what clip you are talking about...I do tend to disagree that Mormon men talk about that kind of stuff in Priesthood. Every ward has a guy like that, but most guys I knew were newly to five or six years married and I never got the impression they were big priesthood rulers in their home and they never pretended they were either.

But that being said, if a Mormon man actually believed that to be true he would not likely discuss it outside of priesthood because his wife might hear and set him straight, it is also one of those "milk before meat/casting pearls before swine" topics. So, in that context I think Sean was right in what he said...

It definately would be a topic for "Priesthood" ears only...

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 08:19PM

I fully agree with SM about the public whitewashing of doctrines and beliefs and history to those not in the know. If I were to tell non-members about the real teachings, quotations, and discussions that go on at church meetings I am certain another member would say I was just spouting anti-mormon lies. I live in the PNW and I have seen member co-workers that have completely denied most of what I was taught about tscc.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 08:26PM

Date: February 14, 2014 09:41PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWIiuAap6kc&list=PLDC5D0A0588B3892A

It's one of these in this playlist. No, you don't have to watch all 39 videos. The John O'Fallon clips are at the beginning of the playlist. Sorry I'm not more specific...

Posted by: Cowboy Jesus ( )
Date: February 14, 2014 09:49PM

I freaking loved when that guy would call!!

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: February 15, 2014 12:12AM

Is he the one who would put his arm to the square and perform an over-the-phone smiting of Shawn? I remember some male caller mentioning that and Shawn mocking him that it would have absolutely NO effect because the priesthood was fake.

Date: February 15, 2014 12:32AM

I never heard (or saw) any smiting but he did rebuke him once.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 15, 2014 01:16AM

My husband would burst out laughing at all this crap. First of all, I am lighter skinned than him. Need I say more?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.