Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: piper ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 02:08PM

I am a horrible liar, always have been. I cannot tell even a little one with a straight face. But today I decided to lie to my DH.

I was scheduled to host a meeting at my house this morning. I spent all week getting the house perfect. I baked and cleaned and decluttered every corner of the house. My sweet DH came home an hour early from work yesterday to finish his honey-do list and more. This man even mowed our dead winter grass so it would look neater.

So this morning book club got cancelled. Kids got sick and stuff came up, apparently. I was secretly thrilled because that meant I had that time to work on homework and the house was perfect with no company to mess it up.

My walking buddy has a birthday this weekend so I invited her over for some of my homemade cheesecake tarts for her birthday. I decided I could just make it sound like she came over in addition to the book club gals, so he wouldn't be upset about all the prep work he did. I could at least lie that much.

So two minutes after my friend leaves, I get a call from DH. He asks how it's going, and I say, "Great! xxx even came over!" He says, "Oh, well I saw an email(in our shared email acct) from yyy saying that book club was rescheduled.

*crickets*

I start laughing(which is my dead giveaway whenever I try to lie) and come clean. But DH doesn't laugh. It actually freaks him out that I tried(and failed) to lie to him. Over something so small. I just didn't want him to be mad that the girls all flaked out on me, because I totally didn't care. I have so much crap on my calendar that it is a huge relief when something cancels. And my house is sparkling.

So a few minutes later he texts me. "So am I a good lover? Feel free to lie. " So I guess he forgives me.

And that, my friends, is why Piper never lies. I am terrible at it and I always get caught. The end.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 02:10PM

Can't lie for beans. Then again, telling the truth just makes me feel better. ;)

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 02:11PM

Whew! That's a load of my mind. Now I don't have to worry about you claiming to have big bazoomahs. :)

Ron

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 02:14PM

I startled my daughter because I just laughed so loud at this one!! You are killin me today!

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 02:13PM

Yeah, I'm a terrible liar too.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 18, 2011 02:31PM

...I can't remember the last time I told an intentional lie. There's not much to lie about anymore. it is what it is.

Ron

Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 01:58AM

is you have to remember what lies you told and to who you told them. My memory is not good enough to do that so it's just a lot easier to always tell the truth. I can usually remember what that is.

Posted by: Merovea ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 03:36AM

I too hate to lie, not because I can't be good at it. I think I could I could debate any side of an issue with passion...but simply because it's a matter of personal honor! DH and kids know that, friends know that and it's important to me!

You sound as though you have a great relationship with your DH. I envy you!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.