Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: oceanluvr ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 03:50PM

Some of this 'expose' is correct, but I believe that JS was only a Blue Lodge Master Mason and not have access to York Rite ritual.

Entered, Passed, Raised 1992

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Curtis I ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 08:35PM

William Morgan's book was available by the time that the Endowment was being figured out. JS didn't need to go through the ritual - it was already out there for him to peruse.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 08:44PM

. . . And Morgan's widow becomes a polygamous wife of Joseph Smith.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 10:18PM

JS was a 33 degree mason,what ever that is .

Posted by: noshirking ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 11:59PM

The endowment is Paradise Lost crossed with Masonry.

I am sure this has been posted before but just in case...

http://www.ldsendowment.org/masonry.html

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: February 28, 2014 04:26PM

This may be the best description of the temple ceremony I have ever heard. I love it.

Posted by: Jim Huston ( )
Date: February 28, 2014 07:37PM

There are two main types of Freemasonry. There is the York Rite and the Scottish Rite. The York Rite starts with Apprentice and has multiple divisions within the class of Master Mason. Joseph Smith had the third degree of Mason which is Master Mason in the York Rite. He was not a Royal Arch Master Mason which includes their teachings about Melchizedek. The Scottish Rite Freemasonry is the type with 33 degrees. If you want to know more, Duncan's Ritual and Monitor and Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma are the handbooks used by the York Rite and Scottish Rite Freemasons. Electronic versions are available.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: February 28, 2014 07:59PM

Jim Huston Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are two main types of Freemasonry. There is
> the York Rite and the Scottish Rite. The York
> Rite starts with Apprentice and has multiple
> divisions within the class of Master Mason.
> Joseph Smith had the third degree of Mason which
> is Master Mason in the York Rite. He was not a
> Royal Arch Master Mason which includes their
> teachings about Melchizedek. The Scottish Rite
> Freemasonry is the type with 33 degrees. If you
> want to know more, Duncan's Ritual and Monitor and
> Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma are the handbooks
> used by the York Rite and Scottish Rite
> Freemasons. Electronic versions are available.

Then there is the super-secret Do Rite :) that no one ever hears about.

They are the real but hidden puppet masters of the new world order, the illuminaughty and likely as not, LDSinc.

But seriously.

Freemasonry evolved along side Rosicrucianism both rooted in Egyptian lore and alchemy.

I'd bet that the intense study of FM that Jim and I have done combined doesn't add up to a tiny small tip of the true iceberg or rather the pyramid, perhaps.

Posted by: Jim Huston ( )
Date: February 28, 2014 08:14PM

"Freemasonry evolved along side Rosicrucianism both rooted in Egyptian lore and alchemy." I agree, however I must add Kabbalism in the mix.

A few quotes from Albert Pike about the origins of Freemasonry.

Consider the words of Albert Pike, arguably the most influential Freemason that has lived, regarding the importance of the Kabbalah in relationship to the mystery schools and to Freemasonry in particular,

The Kabalah is the key to the occult sciences; and the Gnostics were born of the Kabalists. (Morals and Dogma, p. 626)

Masonry is a search after Light. That search leads us directly back, as you see, to the Kabalah. In that ancient and little understood medley of absurdity and philosophy, the Initiate will find the source of many doctrines; and may in time come to understand the Hermetic philosophers, the Alchemists, all the Anti-papal Thinkers of the Middle Age, and Emanuel Swedenborg. (Morals and Dogma, p. 741)

All truly dogmatic religions have issued from the Kabalah, and return to it: everything scientific and grand in the religious dreams of all the illuminati, Jacob Boehme, Swedenborg, Saint-Martin, and others, is borrowed from the Kabalah; all the Masonic associations owe to it their Secrets and Symbols. (Morals and Dogma, p. 744)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.