Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 07:58PM

I think the Mormon ideal is every member a parent. If you can’t be a parent who has participated in parenting a child then you are somewhat of a second class adult Mormon.

In my opinion this attitude that everyone should be a parent is consistent with attitude that every male member has priesthood and every female be mothers even if it is only in their heart(sell.)

Your purpose is to marry one of your brothers or sisters and procreate yourself some more brothers and sisters.

https://www.lds.org/topics/plan-of-salvation/our-eternal-life/video?lang=eng

So, how weird is this? My wife is my sister? My kids are my siblings?

LDS Inc. may not say that their ideal is everyone in a family with the traditional configuration that has procreated, but read anything about their view of sex and it is all about this most powerful power of procreation. I could add a bunch of links to their worship of procreation but I don’t want to because I don’t like their words.

I think that LDS Inc. promotes a cookie cutter ideal of the ideal human experience being parents and men using their magic priesthood and women their wombs and warmth.

Now their black and white thinking is hard to swallow. There is too much simplicity and not enough complexity in what they offer for humans to experience as their version of ideal humans. Many things point to this fact. They baptize every dead person and progress them as far as they were recorded to be paired correctly. They are obsessed with the trees of pedigree and knowledge of good and evil instead of the bushes of human life through evolution.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 11:56AM

I'm not that good of a parent and both of mine should not have become parents, well at least my mother. My father would have done well with one or two kids. That was his ability to stand kids. At 10 he ran from us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.