Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: redbullet750 ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 09:37AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/18/disney-frozen-mormon-gay-_n_4810851.html

More great publicity for how backwards the mormon church is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 09:43AM

I have a few mormon friends on fb, everyone thinks she nuts.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 09:43AM

It was a perfect response. I hope he posts it here.

My extremely over the top TBM daughter LOVES this movie. She has seen it MULTIPLE times and keeps trying to get me to go watch it.

I'm so tempted to forward this blog to her.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 11:57AM

I haven't been this ANGRY about this fucked up religion in a long time but this blog post did it to me this morning.

Its all over my husbands FB- people totally agreeing with this blog woman. One of his "friends" claiming that Disney and PBS really indoctrinates our children... ok. So her taking her kids to church asking them to OBEY and forcing her beliefs onto them isn't indoctrination?

Whatever.

AH! I'm so angry!

I love the Disney message in every one of their movies. I think the latest message of women taking power back (Brave, Tangled, Frozen, Mulan, etc) are very powerful messages to our girls. One they will NEVER get sitting in an LDS church. EVER.

End rant....

Posted by: jbug ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 12:41PM

Is she one of those people that see "SATAN" everywhere they go, in everything they see?? I knew Mormons like that. I am thinking of Dana Carvey's Church Lady right now.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 12:57PM

The majority of the comments on Facebook pages that have linked this post are calling this grandma nuts. Even TBM's think she's crazy. I don't know about anyone else, but this makes me want to see this movie.

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 01:00PM

Sometimes Mormons get all in a huff over someone "indoctrinating" children, after all, that is the church's job......

Posted by: takafumi ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 02:27PM

+1 lol That made my day.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 03:02PM

Oooh, so true.

Posted by: Lehi the Lamanite ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 01:43PM

You'd think this film would be just the source of common ground that would bring Mormons and gay people together. Because seriously, nobody loves Disney more than Mormons and Gay people.

Posted by: No Mo Lurker ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 03:05PM

+1,000

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 02:31PM

more than one paragraph. She thinks the lady is NUTS.

BUT then I got to hear her opinion on so many things mormon. She tends to assume she knows it all and we believe everything that comes from her mouth. She is the authority.

I choose not to challenge her very much. I did point out to her one thing that she was dead wrong on.

She has A LOT to learn.

But I won't be bringing up any mormon subject again. I get enough of that from her as it is. She seems to think if I bring up the subject of mormonism, I must be really interested in knowing how learned she is.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 03:11PM

He is such a handsome man and openly gay.

Posted by: The other Sofia ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 04:21PM

My granddaughter LOVES Frozen. She's seen it twice. She's four. Want a Frozen fifth birthday party. Fortunately her parents have brains.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 05:25PM

I think severe homophobes are capable of hallucinating gay threats. I call it gaylucination.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.