Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 11:59AM

Bwahahaha!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 12:06PM

that's just sad - look how much fun she is obviously having!

yet she feels compelled to publicly denounce her own picture because... modesty

(that top still covers up a lot imho)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 12:23PM

Aww. She looks so cute in that photo!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 12:31PM

She's taken a great opportunity to promote a fund raiser, and has trashed it! She's so busy thinking about herself, and undoing the good that she forgot why she did it in the first place.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 12:40PM

She signed an agreement without reading it, then she complains when they follow through with the agreement she signed! What a moron. I'd be much more embarrassed of making a fool of myself on national news, then I'd be of some picture of me in my underwear.

Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 12:50PM

I think that picture is great! She looks like she's having a blast! Mormonism sucks the joy out of everything.

Posted by: vh65 ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 01:38PM

She looks great, and she did probably sign something. But I think they should have asked her before making her the main poster child for the event. A lot if people wouldn't like to be splashed all over town, and on busses, unless they were happy with the photo. May not be illegal but it seems a breach of good etiquette. I wouldn't do it to a friend...

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 02:50PM

They DID ask her -- when they asked her to sign the release form. That's what a release form IS -- it's explicit consent to use your image in any promotional or advertising material. You are licensing your image to the company for free.

This is business and manners and etiquette don't have jack-all to do with it.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 03:31PM

You're assuming they knew who she was, and how to contact her. Look at the picture. They aren't wearing anything to identify them, I seriously doubt they kept records of photo ID, and the cameraman certainly wouldn't stop the walk to to ask for the name of each person he snapped a picture of.

How would they have contacted her? And why even bother, when it is far easier to just do what they did, have them all sign an agreement allowing them to use their pictures in exactly this manner before the event even started!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.