Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:04PM

So my hubby just returned from a business trip to Arizona and while down there he stayed with his TBM parents. His parents have been involved with the Gilbert temple open house as tour guides. They mentioned that they just received notice that Monson will not be going down for the dedication as was previously expected. He is too sick to travel(my ass...a nice coincidence with the summons and upcoming UK court date). Has anyone else heard this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:08PM

(Of Course) ... There are different kinds of 'sick'.

just sayin'

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:08PM

Perhaps he's too slick to travel.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 11:51PM

Good one.

Posted by: stoppedtheinsanity ( )
Date: February 22, 2014 12:10AM

Yeah, that really was a good one!!

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:10PM

It very well may be that he is to sick to travel. What super duper church leader doesn't take the opportunity to travel and eat on someone else's dime?

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:19PM

A church leader facing fraud charges in the UK?

Date: February 21, 2014 11:47PM

I meant going to Arizona. I should have specified.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: February 22, 2014 12:25AM

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:21PM

Why don't his home teachers give him a blessing?

Posted by: Probitas ( )
Date: February 22, 2014 12:02AM

yeah spread some oil and say some shit

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:22PM

Perhaps he is INDEED too sick to travel!?

*Dude is Old.
*It IS still FLU Season.

Could be a matter of convenience/cover up..but really it is possible.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:59PM

I agree. Could be a bad cold, flu, or bronchitis. Heck, *I'm* too sick to travel at present.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:31PM

I think it is safe to assume that if Monson is too sick to travel then he is not fit to run TSCC. The question is, how are they going to explain it to the judge? Is one of Monson's councillors going to represent TSCC in Monson's absence? I can't imagine a judge accepting that nobody is in charge of a multi billion dollar international organisation.

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:35PM

Two words: Send. Packer.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:59PM

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 11:30PM

This is the problem with an organization that's set up as a geriantocracy---where the highest-ranking, oldest guy always gets the top spot. That means that your CEO is usually going to be one of the oldest and sickest guys in your leadership, and you have to replace him every few years. Not to mention the fact that he may hang around for several years unable to function, like Ezra Taft Benson was. That's why the church brought in Gordon Hinckley as a third counselor in the FP, He basically ran the church until Benson died, and also during the short time while Hunter was in, and then Hinckley took over.

My mother had dementia her last 5-6 months of her life. She didn't know her own children. She would call out the names of her siblings who were long dead. She would say things like "Y'all need to bring in some wood for the fire," when she hadn't had a fireplace in 60 years. She couldn't even travel, let alone to pretend to run a business.

If Mormon leaders had brains and compassion, they'd announce that Monson's days of public appearances are over, call another counselor, and let the most capable guy run the place.

Date: February 21, 2014 11:51PM

You are right, but how long did we see President Kimball, dignity lost, get rolled out to the masses for general conference? There would be our beloved prophet, drooling.

Posted by: freddo ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:35PM

No, he is.
I have a very good friend who lives adjoining his house.
This person says he definitely is in dementia now. Sent a photo, yeah, he's not holding up well. Said under makeup and with teleprompter he is okay.
but otherwise no good.
fwiw, the bishop in his ward is one nasty, heartless, awful human being devoid of charity and there are some people in the ward with tremendous need. He Must be trying to impress the man I guess.
Bring on Boydie baby

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:37PM

Well, what an AMAZING coincidence.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:44PM

ingrown cuticle.

toothache.

indigestion.

deviated septum.

foot fungus.

bad hair day.

conscience bothering him.

See? that was EASY!

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 11:53PM

The heartbreak of psoriasis

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 10:57PM

For all we know, when the GA's pledge to be true to the corporation to get that handy one million bucks, they may sell their very lives, as well.

Posted by: AnonQ ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 11:03PM

...appoint a proxy?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 11:05PM

damn ! where's that holy oil when you need it ?

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 11:24PM

GC should be interesting.

Posted by: capitolmoroni ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 11:26PM

If he is too sick for the summons what about conference two weeks later?

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 11:45PM

Ten bucks says they'll send Uchtdorf as the errand boy to the U.K. in March. It was posted over on NOM this morning that Uchtdorf was getting special briefings every two weeks on church history from apologists, and also that he was basically running the show due to Monson's and Eyring's declining health.

**snacking on popcorn, sipping an iced tea...***

Posted by: Spencer_W_Kimballs ( )
Date: February 22, 2014 12:18AM

Does this mean the church has lost its corporate sole? Can't they just send the Holy Ghost?

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: February 22, 2014 12:18AM

too sick my ass. The summons doesn't say, "Mr. Monson if you are too sick to travel we will not accept anyone coming in your place". I guess the UK will have to extradite him.....??

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: February 22, 2014 12:52AM

If physical malady is claimed, and I were the judge in England, I would require his presence and testimony on live video feed! If he shows clear dementia while testifying the emperor will show he isn't wearing anything. TSCC would have to replace him and the new profit will have to go to England!

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: February 22, 2014 12:57AM

Trial in abstentia. His legal team will represent him. His treasure will then belong to the crown.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.