Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 09:30AM

I don't know what to feel about it.

My TBM mother and my father and his wife flew 1/2way across the country to witness this.

I don't talk to my brother about religion too much because it's a point of conflict with us. I think he is probably very involved with TSCC.

His wedding was just about the most bizarre situation; my two sisters and I went for coffee and shopping during the temple ceremony.
Sorry for being so evasive and rambling. I feel very strange and numb today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nomomoses ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 09:44AM

My current attitude about TSCC rituals is the actual ordinance doesn't matter, but family is very important to me. The chance to celebrate birth/marriage/etc with family is still important to me even if the ritualistic traditions have no meaning to me.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 09:49AM

I suppose my grandson had this occur. He is now 19 mos. and I never heard a word about it. My daughter did not invite me. I guess she may have thought I would not go anyhow. Baby blessings are so different for Mormons vs. Christians (mainsteam). Moms and Dads both stand with the baby in our Christian celebrations. How painful for mom to sit in a pew and watch only men speak about the child. It is not as God would want.

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 10:08AM

Everyone in my TBM family spends so much time and money to be part of the club rituals.

I hate the club.

K

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.