Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: March 08, 2014 02:13PM

I am not very confident this Stake President can do a good job for Americans representing Justice in the State of Utah. Pretty sure he pretended to slit his throat and gave a death oath covenant to put the Mormon church before all others.

What if someone claims an injustice done by the Mormon church? What will he do?

Online Church News

MAGNA UTAH EAST STAKE: (Jan. 26, 2014) President — John W. Huber, 46, executive assistant U.S. Attorney in the U.S. Department of Justice; succeeding James B. Moyes Jr.; wife, Lori Ann Clayton Huber. Counselors — Todd Alexander Hauber, 47, business administrator in the Park City School District; wife, Anne Marie Bordin Hauber. Benjamin Baker Meadows, 37, account manager at Sunstate Equipment Company; wife, Catherine Elizabeth Lauber Meadows.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2014 02:18PM by gentlestrength.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: March 08, 2014 02:16PM

People say that Utah can be a great place to live as a non-Mo or ex-Mo, but when it coems to justice, I doubt it.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: March 08, 2014 02:42PM

I'll give you that. I don't know much about how that works in Utah. It probably is skewed in some way.

Date: March 08, 2014 02:25PM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 08, 2014 02:27PM

The part I will continue to be amazed at, is all these professionals, many of them lawyers, doctors, educators and scientists who "believe"...at least on paper, that this church is the real deal....

Ron Burr

Date: March 08, 2014 08:41PM

In that same press release there was a physician with diabetes expertise called to be a Stake President.

I think they can so both well, but I don't know how they do it, because they seem incongruent. That's probably the didference between me and those that so it, they can put conflicting actions in the same sack of skin and make it work.

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: March 08, 2014 09:27PM

It is Pride pure and simple and their wives get the social club the perfect scam!

Posted by: Lilian ( )
Date: July 14, 2018 12:21AM

It is not exactly a fun social club in the relief society. The church increases the pride of the men and the male leaders, definitely. I experienced in church settings simple men with no educations or grammar thinking they are gods and telling me what to do when I am far more intelligent and educated than they are and have much own common sense. Following any of their advice led me to many problems every time I did it. My faith in their inspiration was misplaced, and a waste of time and energy, to say the least.

They largely have no common sense and interpret things with their own biased (against women) lens. They act like they think they know it all and walk around with a posture of arrogance. If you tell them anything to get simple, basic advice, I have found that they typically jump to very odd conclusions, don't listen well, and misunderstand what they are told. Going to any of these leaders for actual help and counseling is a waste of time. They completely fall short. They have no wisdom, are ill equipped to lead or counsel, and have no inspiration.

The church is a club that really just enhances the pride of men. They worship men as idols. They literally place them on a pedestal (on "the stand"). They are also standing above us to administer the ordinances, including the sacrament. This and the scriptures largely just talking about men is likely what gives them horrible and unbearable superiority complexes. In the real world, such as the workplace, their attitudes wouldn't fly.

Many men in the church tend to be abusive, in varying degrees. I was very gullible while a church member, having "faith."

How inspired can they actually be to have had a bishop in the church who ran a successful ponzi scheme for years.

I also personally know men who sell people on their MLM, fully knowing that those who sign up under them, paying $550.00 the last time I checked, will have no chance of profiting from the venture. They dress up in suits, pretend to be devout mormons to lure people into their tangled web.

Abuse of women and children is huge in Utah, especially in predominantly mormon communities. I am surprised that more of a big deal is not made of it on the news, and to solve it, because it is a crisis. It is one of the biggest problems we have in Utah. The sheer number of protective orders also is a clear sign.

Posted by: Lilian ( )
Date: July 14, 2018 12:39AM

Mr. Huber was part of a panel discussion that I attended today. It was evident from one of his answers that he is a devout mormon.

To answer the question at the top of this post, professionals who are still members were likely largely brainwashed since they were babies or youths. I was. To come out of mormonism after being in it for 40 or 50 years since birth, with parents strong in the faith, requires much information and independent study and thought, along with a complete paradigm shift. Just because I am ahead in time of some others who may come to a knowledge of the truth later, or who may spend their entire lives believing what they were taught at church, does not make me better than they are.

I am just more awake and am blessed to have been woken up so as to not waste my entire life on this religion. The callings I have had have been exhausting, expensive, and mostly thankless. Teaching Sunday School to large rooms of 20 somethings every week is the worst job in the church, requiring so much time to really prepare to teach well that it takes all of your time outside of work and leaves you turning down dates at a critical time in life. Almost the same thing with playing the piano for Sacrament Meeting every single week, which I also had to do when I was 20 something.

Posted by: In AZ ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 03:18AM

Insightful posts, Lilian.

Posted by: badam2 ( )
Date: July 14, 2018 03:49PM

Every time I see a Mormon doing their profession I always think of what they have done or what they do in their temple over and over in their secret and "sacred" time. It changes the way I look at everybody basically.

Posted by: anonandanon ( )
Date: July 15, 2018 01:06PM

I think of Bednar and what he would be without Mormonism. If he left he would be seen as a real dunce for having fallen into a religious scam. He would also be far less wealthy. He gave up a really prestige position at Univ. of Arkansas to go to an unheard of college like Ricks before it became BYU-Idaho. Becoming an apostle gives him huge status (almost Godlike) but it is from a limited group that is little respected and little known in the outside world. I don't think he has the courage nor character to ever admit his blunder. He does, however, have a higher financial status as the Mormon church basically bribes the leaders into never wanting to leave. They are held with golden handcuffs that guarantee financial prosperity for life. This bothers me because I know so many devout Mormons who are literally giving their last dime to a corrupt organization while their family suffers in poverty. How do these guys live with themselves? Apparently they live very high on the hog and just tell themselves they are doing the peons a favor by giving them high hopes of future godhood and keeping them from becoming criminals and lost souls. I think Mormon leaders are just laughing at how simple minded their followers are. Like most hucksters, they see the deceived as deserving of their fate. The smarter the Mormon leaders are the easier they can rationalize their grossly evil behavior.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 15, 2018 04:46PM

"I'm sorry, but what did you say your dad does?"

"He's an apostle of the lord, Jesus Christ."

"Uh-huh... And how's that working out for him?"

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: July 16, 2018 09:33PM

"He's an apostle? Is he the one that took the 30 silver coins?"

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 17, 2018 08:41AM

They all have side gigs as dentists.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.