Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ultra ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 12:43PM

Sucks when you leave for a long time and forget your password, and have to come up with a whole new account.

Some of you may or may not remember me. I hope I came up with a password and name I could remember.

I have been going the NOM path for quite a long time, and had actually been quite content in just getting along to go along, having resolved my feelings about God, realizing that I don't give a flying fetch

I was actually being quite content, happy, and a good little Mormon.

Well recently I have been following the the Tom Phillips case quietly from the sidelines, keeping my mouth shut and my anger in check. I figured I believe in God, Jesus,and even though the church itself IS NOT 'The only true and living' I was okay...

UNTIL I SAW THIS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlfmXlnKT1o

Leading a crowd in singing "We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet"

Now I know with a solemn witness that HE knows it's a bunch of malarky. I just couldn't stay silent anymore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 12:45PM

It's just jaw dropping, isn't it?

Date: March 17, 2014 12:49PM

The blatant Narcissism. I was like OMG. Have a LITTLE humility. If you took the office you were in seriously and actually believed that YOU yourself was indeed the mouthpiece of God, indeed the Prophet, would you be singing about how thankful you are to be you? Only if you either

1. Are a big time narcisst

or

2. You know you aren't and are trying to relieve stress as you cover up your inadequacies.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 02:47PM

LDS secret service don't wear sunglasses. I just caught that.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 05:27PM

. . . our earlier evolutionary days, a trait that hominids have basically lost over time.

Glad to see he's still prehistoric enough to demonstrate that extraordinary talent. It's proof that he belongs at the head of the Mormon Caveman Club.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2014 05:29PM by steve benson.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 12:52PM

That last face he makes before turning around is pure evil.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Probitas ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 04:50PM

you mean this one: http://imgur.com/M6ZHczj

Thought so too...

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 12:52PM

Omg! That's where I got the nickname I use for my aunt!

Ultra mega lord TBM auntie

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 12:57PM

I'm glad you're back!

Date: March 17, 2014 12:58PM

Yes...I coined the whole Ultra Mega TBM thing. I don't know if Cricket still has his site, I have been out of it for sometime, but there are Ultra TBM Mega Lord and Bishop Rood stories over there.

I was going to try to be Ultra TBM Mega Lord, but it doesn't like spaces in names.
At least I couldn't get it to work for me.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 01:15PM

Welcome back!

I always appreciated your posts in the past whether they were of serious nature or the satire.

Hope you stick around for a while.

Posted by: 3X (NLI) ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 01:46PM

Primus resurrected - well, well, what is this exmo world coming to?

:)

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 01:49PM

Nice to see you back for a bit of fun - it's a good time for it

Tom in Paris

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 01:51PM

Then that is exactly how he would act if he were prophet. Monson does a great impersonation.

Posted by: baneberry ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 01:51PM

Monson's just an senile old man.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 02:14PM

Hey Primus, was it you who posted one of the most jaw-dropping posts EVER on RFM, a letter your mother sent you of a prayer she prayed to let you know she would rather you have been born dead than lose your belief?

Somewhere I have archived the posts that were the most bizarre. That one was so weird because she actually wrote down a prayer, just the way she prayed it, and sent it to you. I remember wondering what it would feel like to get something like that.

Your posts ranked right up there with Deenie's. So glad to see you back. And you're right about the Monson video. Absolutely creepy and bizarre. I had read the book and just rented the video of "The 19th Wife." This Monson clip reminds me of the FLDS prophet in that story--so drunk on his perceived power and authority. As baneberry says, just a senile old man.

Posted by: freddo ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 05:42PM

Roman Grant-Monson

Posted by: freddo ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 05:43PM

RfM, where legends are forged, through all generations of time

Date: March 17, 2014 02:18PM

Oh yeah...

Thanks for reminding me of that. My mom did tell me she would rather I had died in Childbirth than to have to go through the pain of me losing my testimony. My mom and I get along. I lost my dad a couple years ago, but yeah remembering that, I am tearing up a little.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 02:34PM

Sorry. I guess that was stupid to bring back something painful. It's just that it affected me so hard back then, wondering if my mother felt the same way. Good news that things are ok between you and your mom. I've been through the gammit with my parents too and I think it finally came back around to where things are ok. At least as ok as they can get. They'll never be happy about it, but I think they know that it will never change and they'd have to be living on another planet not to be able to see how much happier I am now.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 04:28PM

yeah, I like your other names as well, but mostly your posts.

Posted by: Adult of god nli ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 04:46PM

Hey, Primus, I'm glad you are back in whatever incarnation! I loved them all!

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 04:59PM

PRIMUS!!!! I am glad yo're back. It has indeed been a long time. I hope all is well and I am looking forward to your sense of humor and positive spin you always gave me. WOW. Primus is back!! I have really missed you. When I first came here in late 2003, you were Seneca, a regular poster and as I came to realize the fraud, I think the only thing that kept me sane was your famous wit. I spilled more coffee on my keyboard because of you. I am really happy to see you posting again.

Posted by: reinventinggrace ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 05:48PM

Looking forward to more stories, U.TBM.ML

Coincidentally, there's a few other articulate, prolific posters of the early 2000s era that have also resurfaced in the last month (probably because of Monson getting sued for fraud), -- shummy, randyj, and I think a few others.

Signs of the times?

RG

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 05:59PM

Is mail me and I can fix an old log in no problem.

Nice to have you back 'round :)

Posted by: NNT ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 06:15PM

Looks like it is time to change my moniker...I had a good run with this one. Ultra it's back to you now.

Thanks!

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: March 17, 2014 07:06PM

Nice to see you back dearie!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.