Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: uteman801 ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 01:07PM

Why do the General Authorities of the church keep the lie going? They KNOW it's all a lie. I don't really see how they benefit from tithing. Sure, they make money from their fame by selling books and whatnot, but they don't directly receive tithing funds. What do you all think their goal is behind the deception? Are they trying to do good overall and this is the best way they can think of doing so?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 01:09PM

No money pouring in - no cushy lifestyle.

Simple

Briggy

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 01:14PM

Of COURSE they directly receive tithing funds. How else do you suppose they are paid their VERY GENEROUS "Stipends"?

They also receive a VERY GENEROUS "signing bonus" that comes in the form of a loan (reported to be in the area of $1,000,000 - that doesn't have to be repaid as long as they toe the line).

They keep up the LIE because they would be ruined financially if they told the truth, and their children would receive no inheritance.

They also LOVE the diefication and adoration of the million or so TBMs that treat them like gods, even through their arrogance and their disdain for the common members.

Posted by: uteman801 ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 01:18PM

That makes a lot more sense. I just don't understand it because I wouldn't do it myself I guess.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 01:17PM

Never underestimate the power of stupidity and incompetence.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 05:36PM

Agreed. The more I've tried to really understand the TBMs in my life, the more I'm convinced that lots of people in the world really can be that deluded, even under circumstances that the rest of us would consider obvious.

I would bet that they don't know it's a lie. They've simply been making subtle faith transitions their whole life to accommodate the new information that comes from new positions, and by this time they're so entrenched and their lives are so engulfed by the religion there's little to no hope of helping them see the light.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 01:26PM

"...they don't directly receive tithing funds"

I must disagree. The fact that there is zero financial transparency and no one knows where all that tithing money is going raises some red flags.

Posted by: zenzombie ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 01:28PM

On some level I sort of feel sorry for them. It's like an addict in denial. Some come to admit they have a problem but others don't. I wonder what makes the difference? Maybe if they can somehow internalize the pain they are causing...

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 01:42PM

What else were they going to to in SLC that would be as personally beneficial to themselves and their families?

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 03:01PM

It's amazing what you can rationalize when you really want to believe. They have a lot to lose if they see the church for what it really is. So they don't allow themselves to consider the obvious.

Posted by: redpillswallowed ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 05:43PM

I agree. In fact, I think most of the top 15 believe. It is reinforced every time they 'feel' the hushed silence as people stand, when they walk in the door. It is that feeling that 'confirms' their 'mantle'.

The mind combined with programmed feelings is a powerful thing. Many of them do not care about the money personally. But, the feeling of being special, the power, the feeling of authority. That is what is addictive.

On the other hand, personally, I couldn't do it. If I rose through the ranks of LD$ inc and then swallowed the red pill. I couldn't live with myself. I'd have to leave.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 03:15PM

'Nuff said.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 03:54PM

The devil made them do it.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 04:19PM

Old habits die hard.

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 05:11PM

"Sure, they make money from their fame by selling books and whatnot, but they don't directly receive tithing funds"

Of course they get their cut of tithing.

Anyone who thinks otherwise . . . wanna buy some land?

Posted by: michaelgbluth ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 06:21PM

I have thought about this question a lot and I feel like I have found a pretty good answer. I think we have to understand that men desire power. Many times they desire power more than wealth. Take Mitt Romney for example. He made over a quarter billion dollars in the private sector. For a long time that money meant power and influence but it capped out. So he ran for governor and then President. Mitt is a classic alpha male over achiever always looking to prove himself and make dad proud. Sure you can believe that Mitt is humble at heart and really just wants what is best for the country or he is like every other alpha male who wants power more than anything else.

The 12 and the First Presidency wield an incredible amount of power in and outside the Church. This is about power AND money—but power trumps money.

"Such a waste of talent. He chose money over power...a mistake nearly everyone makes. Money is the Mc-mansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after 10 years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries. I cannot respect someone who doesn't see the difference."

-Frank Underwood

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 06:42PM

This general conference really look at the faces of the adoring members in the congregation as they gaze at those who SAY they are in communication with God.

Quite the opiate.

And, then you throw in the lush home, the codo in Hawaii, the $1,000,000 hush money, the free education for family members, the job guarantees for family and friends, and you start to get the picture. Life is more than comfortable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2014 06:43PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: March 18, 2014 07:06PM

"Are they trying to do good overall" - ARE YOU KIDDING?
They are bone chilling EVIL. They have NEVER NEVER NEVER done anything good. They started with the angel in the light (start the scary music now - THAT ANGEL IS LUCIFER!).
LUCIFER means morning star, morning light.....
JS in the grove in the morning and all that crap....

Being founded on EVIL doesn't allow much GOOD to occur. When you say trying to do good overall, are you referring to....
raping young girls 12 years old?
forcing girls and women to marry men their grandfather's age against their will?
screwing the wives of other men (polyandry)?
killing anyone who they deem is not TBM enough with blood atonement?
inbreeding to the point where they have diseases unique to them like Mormon Downs?
stealing money from poor saps while you pretend to find buried treasure with your occultic seer stone?
telling your wife that she will be struck dead if she doesn't let you screw whoever you please including little girls?
taking other people's property by force to build up your god's (Lucifer's) kingdom?
setting fire to other people's property to prove your point that you are going to have your way in everything?
pretending to translate a non-existent book using imaginary gold plates? (if he was in tune with their slimy god, that god would have told him that calling it "reformed Egyptian" was a dumb idea - dum dum dum dum dum)
committing treason against the US?
Calling for revenge for 7 generations?
Are these some of the "TRYING TO BE GOOD" things you had in mind? Just wondering......

They DO IT because being EVIL is addicting!!! Don't ever fool yourselves. THEY HAVE ALL KNOWN IT WAS EVIL THROUGH AND THROUGH SINCE DAY ONE!!!! EVIL PAYS WELL. There is NOT one scummy profit or GA EVER who has been GOOD. They are all of the same caliber as Charles Manson and Hitler. Don't be fooled. Evil is seductive with the big money and fancy houses/cars etc.

"I agree. In fact, I think most of the top 15 believe." IN THE POWER OF EVIL, THEIR BIG SEDUCTRESS THAT HAS RULED THEIR ENTIRE LIVES. After hurting so many many people, I could NEVER feel sorry for them. They deserve whatever they get. Do you feel sorry for Charles Manson, for Hitler? Wake up and small the COFFEE as forbidden as it is.

I don't believe in Lucifer per se, but I believe in EVIL and I believe that TSCC is the embodiment of it on the earth. It has to be taken out..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2014 07:16PM by verilyverily.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.