Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mark Hofmann ( )
Date: March 19, 2014 08:03PM

Tom deserves an "E" for effort in this attempt to get Monson arrested, or, at least, get the Church to tell the Truth in the UK regarding its doctrines and finances. But, alas, this case will be dismissed very soon. The good news: Tom has succeeded in getting over a MILLION Hits on MOrmonthink.com; a massive accomplishment in itself!!! Thank you Tom!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nomomohomo (not logged) ( )
Date: March 19, 2014 08:03PM

Oh, look. A new prophet.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 19, 2014 08:10PM

Your guess is as good as mine, but you're wrong here: "get the Church to tell the Truth in the UK regarding its doctrines and finances." Tom has not done this. So, we'll have to wait and see.

Edit to add, since you make a few sweeping general statements and don't seem to grasp the facts, your assertions are somewhat suspect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2014 09:17PM by Devoted Exmo.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: March 19, 2014 09:13PM

If the judge has done a very in-depth study of tscc and from what Steve posted of the 2006 fraud act guidelines in the UK, then he could easily see fraud that's has been and continues to be implemented by tscc. I feel that he feels that this may be the case with allowing this to even get started. Now with putting off his decision to move until Thursday seems to me a good sign that he wants to make sure he is doing the right thing and will make the correct decision. Many people are screaming that this is a case of religious beliefs. We know it's not and he (assuming he's not lds & knows little about it) will not want to religious belief thing. It's about the belief / doctrine singular to the LDS church, and their partial of such doctrine that is / has been proven false and just plain out lies for the single goal of obtaining money from it's members and potential converts. When the missionaries / general conference state that js translated the bom from gold plates and show you a picture dictating such and never mention the rock in the hat that actually happened, that is a lie. When the tell you that js translated the boa from Egyptian papyrus and the truth is it was just a common funeral scroll, which they don't tell you, that is a lie. All this and moe is done for the sole purpose to get you to believe js was a prophet and get you baptized. then you must pay 10% of your salary in order to get into the temple, which you must do in order to get to the Ck, live with God in heaven, to be sealed to you children, spouse. Tscc is a ladder you must climb to spend eternal glory in heaven with God. You start at the bottom and work you way up. First believing all the missionaries tell you as fact. then each step requires belief in facts along with requirements in order to step up to the next rung. Each interview given upon acquiring the next rung requires total belief in what tscc consider prophetic facts and a 10% income commitment in order to obtain the next rung up. What tscc tells, preaches, documents, as fact are in-truth false / lies and tscc knows this to be true. That is fraud.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: March 19, 2014 09:25PM

I go on record,the case will continue. The Brits are no fools.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 19, 2014 09:55PM

If it comes down to a solo by the corporate sole, I pity that poor soul, that sad ass-soul....

and all those sweet souls swayed by sophistry and who sadly sold theirs for a mess of putrid pepsi-laced pottage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2014 09:56PM by Shummy.

Posted by: Cactus Jim ( )
Date: March 19, 2014 10:14PM

Dam Shummy, that brought a tear to my eye. You are a great Poemist.

Date: March 20, 2014 12:15AM

Cactus Jim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dam Shummy, that brought a tear to my eye. You are
> a great Poemist.

Well it brings a warming in my heart to see you bro A with all the miles betwixt us notwithstanding.

:o)

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: March 20, 2014 02:13AM

Date: March 20, 2014 02:33AM

steve benson Wrote:
> n/t

Only thing that could possibly save him at this late hour is the super sacred secret 'third anointing.'

With 3 god-filled golden goblets of what else .... ?

Pepsi Throwback!

http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/02/pepsi-to-use-real-sugar-in-pepsi-throwback-mountain-dew-april.html

Date: March 20, 2014 02:36AM

Posted by: Probitas ( )
Date: March 19, 2014 10:01PM

Hey at least you spelled Hofmann's name right...besides that I would like to think you are wrong about the case not proceeding. "The prosecutor doesn’t have to prove the claims are false, they simply have to show that there is enough evidence to demonstrate that they might be false.
Prior to this phrasing in this law, most people would never think to bring a fraud case against a religion because it could be argued that the leaders making the claims believed the claims to be true. Since belief is subjective, it cannot be a standard for conviction in a case of fraud. This law changes that whole landscape. Essentially, if the leader making the claim has been exposed to any information that could reasonably call into question the truthfulness of a claim, and they continued to make the claim as unequivocally true, then they may be committing fraud even if they believe the claim to be true themselves. The fact that they now know that there is reason to believe that it might not be true and yet still make the claim as true is a violation of the law."

Add Maxwell Institute in the mix...TSM at the top...they got some splainin' to do!

Date: March 20, 2014 12:53AM

Probitas Wrote: > claim as true is a violation of the law."
>
> Add Maxwell Institute in the mix...TSM at the
> top...they got some splainin' to do!

Well as Mr Potato Head Daniel P would say........

"Donna you worry. Sabbatical schmatical. I was just called undercover and I'm workin on a bullet-proof rebuttal...."

"Parlez vous arabica?"

CTR.

Posted by: Lightworker ( )
Date: March 19, 2014 10:35PM

Still in recovery ??

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 19, 2014 10:43PM

Okay, who liberated the seer stone out of the church's vault?

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: March 20, 2014 01:07AM

is the Jupiter Stone rather than the peep stone.

They need all the luck they can get, Tom against Goliath.

Ana

Date: March 20, 2014 01:12AM

anagrammy Wrote:
> is the Jupiter Stone rather than the peep stone.
>
> They need all the luck they can get, Tom against
> Goliath.
>
>
>
>
> Ana

mojo vs. Mo Joe.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: March 20, 2014 01:52AM

and find out. Honestly, I have no idea how it will turn out.

Posted by: BoMSkeptic ( )
Date: March 20, 2014 02:36AM

Inb4 Monson shows up for second hearing.

Date: March 20, 2014 02:40AM

Date: March 20, 2014 02:48AM

steve benson Wrote:
> n/t

a celestial slam-dunk as in the old salt palace?

Hemispheres apart yet similie-icaly so similar.

We'll C.

:o)

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: March 20, 2014 04:29AM

Tom Phillips has already won. He's brought the Second Annointing into public view, has put the B of A under the spotlight, and even obtained a REVELATION from God that tithing is actually optional! Who knew?!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: March 20, 2014 05:36AM

The case may well get dismissed.

But I doubt that would make the 'Tom Phillips' problem go away.

Posted by: lenina ( )
Date: March 20, 2014 05:59AM

How does Thomas S Monson sleep at night? Seriously.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: March 19, 2014 08:45PM

I have no expectations for TSM, but to abscond. I was long gone by the time GBH did Larry King and 60 Minutes and I must say I thought he did a horrible job using those platforms and for some reason I was disappointed in him.

If you say you are a prophet, say you are a prophet on national TV. Don't parse words like that. What was it he said, "I am sustained as such". What a weak prophet. The fictional "Samuel the Lamamite" must have spun in his fictional grave when GBH pulled that line out of his backside.

"I am sustained as such." Why yes he is, by the followers in his cult fraud.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2014 10:27PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: March 19, 2014 09:23PM

Yep, it's not like they ever go in front of hostile audiences like prophets in the Bible did. They only play to friendly crowds and they refuse to talk to who they call "lost sheep" ex mormons.
They are really a mixture of politicians/businessmen and when they visit LDS stakes it's to visit their constituents/customers. Except they don't answer to typical business laws on transparency, and we don't get them to debate any opposing side even once in four years like in the presidential debates.

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: March 20, 2014 01:30AM

I would like to also offer my gratitude to Tom and his sincere effort to change this obscure perception that is "home"... (familiar concept of stability) His story, along with a many others on this board and affiliates..have offered the answer i needed to all things awkward and ass backwards in the lds religion. The fight has just ignited!

Posted by: Giant Scorpion of Apocalypse ( )
Date: March 20, 2014 07:05AM

It's a shame this hasn't made the mainstream news. I guess regular people couldn't care one way or another.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 20, 2014 07:06AM

That has always been true. Most people simply don't care about Mormonism.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 20, 2014 07:18AM

"The Black Scorpion" (1957)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PChqptAj6us

Thought I was the only one who had ever seen this movie -- couldn't resist.

Good Luck, Tom -- keep trying :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.