Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brook ( )
Date: March 23, 2014 11:42AM

And what kind of gal gets stuck with RS Greeter?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: March 23, 2014 11:44AM

Also, on their way in, you have to ask them if they want a buggy.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: March 23, 2014 11:49AM

Once I was in a very big ward and so they made up callings so that every body can have the blessing of a calling. One woman's calling was to make baby blankets for every women in the ward who gives birth.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: March 23, 2014 11:56AM

Depending upon the complexity of the quilt, between three and sixty hours goes into the production of each of the baby quilts my wife makes. Some quilters make much more elaborate quilts than the ones my wife makes.

Even if you're just talking of the thrown-together variety of quilt, considering the rate at which LDS women reproduce, that's a rather cumbersome calling. My guess is that it wasn't given to the wife of anyone who was important in the ward. What a thoughtless relief society president.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: March 23, 2014 11:58AM

Relief Society Greeter is a real calling in some big wards, or in wards with large numbers of new members who need to be eased into church service. Some wards have Sacrament Meeting Greeters for the same reason--that I can actually get behind, since new people or those who don't fit the mold in their wards often don't get greeted when they walk into the building.

I would have LOVED to have the baby blanket calling. Can you imagine? No meetings, no teaching, you can do it at home on your own timetable...awesome!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.