Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: March 28, 2014 12:54AM

Excerpt (cut and pasted) from an elder serving in the Cotonou Benin, West Africa mission.Tunes from The Book of Mormon musical played in my mind as I was reading:

"The other story I already told you guys on the phone but I’m going to write it down so I don’t forget it. This week during teaching I decided I was going to let Legbanon really take the reins in teaching and we were teaching one of our Amis about prophets. While teaching I said “You can tell him the story about Noah and the Ark right?” and so my companion started telling the story. I almost started zoning out a little bit until he started telling a surprising part of the story I had never heard before. He had already talked about how Noah was commanded by God to build a boat, but then continued on to say that the people who mocked and made fun of Noah went and POOPED in that boat to make even more fun of him hahahaha but, it gets better. God then cursed this people with a rash on their skin, that couldn’t be healed unless they went back to the boat, took their poop, and rubbed it all over themselves. Then after they were healed, God sent the floods and they all died. I asked him where he had heard that story after the lesson, and he was like “what do you mean?! That’s how the story goes!” when I continued to tell him that it is written nowhere in the bible and that we cant teach it because its false doctrine he continued to say “No, its not false doctrine, that’s the story! I read it in a book once!” Eventually we got to the bottom of it, but yeah, that’s what Im dealing with right now haha. It seems God never ceases to find challenges for us to deal with."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: March 28, 2014 01:06AM

There's NO WAY that's true ... because if it were, well, it would just make the whole Noah's Ark story RIDICULOUS!

Posted by: mer mer ( )
Date: March 28, 2014 01:09AM

ROFL!
Oh, that's a good one. LOL

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: March 28, 2014 01:14AM

A story about me and Noah! Cool!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: March 28, 2014 01:24AM

Too funny.

I don't think you could make that one up. So, I still want to know what they did about the 40 days and 40 nights of poop.

Posted by: german lurker ( )
Date: March 28, 2014 01:49AM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 28, 2014 02:01AM

So Noah built a wooden structure large enough for concealment, and he was surprised that people went in there to drop a deuce. Perhaps some went two by two. The people who used the filthy facilities caught a skin disease.

This is more believable than the Bible version.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.