Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 06:54AM

I was reading a story about Mississippi's so-called “Mississippi Religious Freedom Restoration Act” which pretty much gives the religious carte blanche to discriminate under the guise of retaining religious freedom. I was thinking how it would go down if some FLDS black hater denied goods or services to a black person based on their belief that black people are the repositories of unvaliant spirits, and that they have the mark of the first murderer - black skin - as a warning.

I also wondered how these lunatics would react if a sh!t load of Palestinians moved to Mississippi to set up a homeland where they could practice their religion freely. I doubt anyone other than crazy Christians are welcome to exercise their religion freely in that state.

It's probably never going to legalize dope despite it being a sacrament to Jah.

I would LOOOVE for some obscure cults to set up there and be protected under their religio-fascist laws.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/01/a-gay-businessman-fires-back-at-mississippis-far-right-as-legislature-passes-anti-lgbt-law/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 06:55AM by ozpoof.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 12:41PM

Yes.

Notice the ones who are so adamant about having their religion inserted into government, schools, and public life ONLY mean THEIR religion.

It never seems to occur to them what that means if their religion were in a minority and some other religion acted the same way.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 02:41PM

Exactly! Total hypocrisy! "The very same people who claim to 'love thy neighbor' would have us stay in the closet for fear of discrimination."

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 01:12PM

"Everyone should be free to be like me."

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 01:21PM

A lot of people who weep tears over the perceived "holiness" of the US Constitution don't even approve of due process of law or civil rights. Much of Utah is like that. (Georgia, too, for that matter.)

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 01:28PM

Yeah, "religious freedom" has become a conservative code-word for Christian political dominance.

Posted by: No Mo Lurker ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 01:59PM

Google Mosque in Murfreesboro, Tennessee and you'll unfortunately see the same principle at work. sigh....

Posted by: John_deoe ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 03:04PM

Great post....as a Christian I believe if you want freedom to be able to chose you should be able be a Muslim...now I don't think they are right but they have TV and ability to seek and if they don't want to believe what I believe then so be it. My problem with Mormons is that they have bastardized my religion (Christian) and told me that Im wrong all on the basis of a loser that banged many wives and ....wait for it......looked at a rock in a hat....lololol...who was it that said there was a sucker born every day

Date: April 02, 2014 05:08PM

Ha ha ha. Talking donkey. Ha ha.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 06:17PM

Then they were mauled by she bears, ha ha ha...

Date: April 02, 2014 09:14PM

Oh yeah. I pissed myself when I read that.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 03:07PM

Prayer in schools is great as long as it's YOUR prayer!

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 03:15PM

These ultra-religious types miss the whole point that some of their own religious practices violate others' rights. They almost want to say "well that's tough for them, if they would only convert to the truth it wouldn't be a problem".

It's transparent hypocrisy that religious-freedom campaigners almost invariably want freedom for THEIR religion, not others.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.