Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 07:18PM

One might find that a huge challenge, yet quite a goal to break up the boredom.

I would think that breaking in a new companion then spending as much time as possible on sexual pursuits help the monotony.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Spud ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 07:33PM

An actual mission rule-"You and your companion are to share a bedroom but not a bed." or something along those lines. Would be a rule if it hadn't been a problem.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 09:25PM

Hahaha! We piled eight elders (from the surrounding towns) into a small mobile home one night while in Winnemucca. We were headed to Zone Conference and got together to hang out the day before heading into Reno. We broke that rule (sleeping head to foot) because no one wanted to sleep on the floor. Missionary apartment floors can be really nasty.

Add to that ATVs, shooting, unhooking the odometer, fireworks, a little midnight laundry and video poker, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and cruising the strip.

Stay thirsty, my friends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 09:28PM by Bite Me.

Posted by: Davo ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 08:08PM

Only in my fantasies...and with 20/20 hindsight.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 08:48PM

I'm just skimming through the "Missionary Conduct" section of the White Bible picking out some fun ones:

Language: Nothing too hard there, I think I broke every rule in that section.

Dress and Grooming: Guys would have to get a piercing. Girls would have to get a piercing other than your standard set of earrings. You'd also have to get a tattoo. Other than that, just dressing like a normal person breaks most of these rules.

Schedule: Easy enough. I probably broke all of those rules too.

Study: Just don't bother studying. Done.

Sundays and Holidays: Take the day off for holidays and Sundays! Easy enough. The mishies skipping church would probably raise a few eyebrows in most wards.

Preparation Day: This has some fun ones! You'd have to go shooting, motorcycling, rock climbing, play with fireworks, get a ride in a private plane, and *gasp!* play FULL COURT basketball!!! Overall, breaking all these rules sounds like quite a good time!

Entertainment: Pretty much just enjoy normal human entertainment to break all these rules. You do have to join a band, club, or sports team.

Chastity: Hmm... one of these rules is to not molest minors... so I guess breaking EVERY rule is off the table. But everything else in here sounds fun!

Relationships with Others: Don't tattle on your companion to the mission president, spend some time by yourself, sleep in separate rooms and in the same bed (that one could be awkward...), take the scenic route when you get transferred, ignore your leaders, date, and talk to your family more than twice a year. Nothing too hard there.

Community Service: Help the community in ways not specifically approved by your MP. Help people without the ulterior motive of wanting to convert them.

Local Laws and Customs: This one is probably advisable to obey, since it pretty much just says "don't do stuff that's illegal."

Posted by: redpillswallowed ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 08:58PM

I had a companion who was 1/4 Cherokee and he seriously tried to break most rules. As a TBM mishie I prayed more during those months than any other time. He stressed me out.

When I confronted him, he blamed his evil ways on being part Lamanite.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 09:30PM

Broke every one.

Slept in the same bed with companion. Slept WITH companion for that matter.

If I had a camera with me when I broke said rules, I took a pic of it.

Karaoke was against the rules, and I absolutely hated it, but away we went and got pictures of it too.

I put them all together with a stupid momo song and put it up on u tube.

I made it a POINT to break every one. I failed on leaving the country, but I did leave my "area" about every day, left the district and zone on a regular basis and left the mission just the once. It was kind of lame. We crossed a bridge that took us from Shikoku over to the Kobe or Osaka mission. When we got to the other side, the peeps we were with pointed to a map to show us where we were, my senior took a look at it, and told me to take off my badge.

Man, I would love to do that over again. I had a blast, but I loathed mishie work.

I need to write down my fun some day.

In Japan they have these all you can eat "grill your own meat" type of restaurants. We were about 2 hour by bike away from one. We started out and I, being fairly new - just a couple of months, couldn't keep up with the other 3. They thought this was great fun and constantly tried to go as fast as they could. One day en route to our Yakiniku Tabehodai, they got so far ahead of me, I couldn't see them at all. Being pretty pissed, I came up to a Pachinko parlor. I decided that I'll see what it's all about. So I went in, put in a couple of hundred yen and played. Apparently I lost because the game kind of ended. I then went out, got on my bike and headed in the direction of the restaurant. Towards me in a PANIC came 3 americans pedaling as fast as their feet could take them. "next time don't try to lose me, you fuckers" I thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 09:35PM by Levi.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: April 02, 2014 10:33PM

I wish I had a photo of the companion I slept with, and not even a naked one. I would just have liked to be able to have an image I could take out every few years to remember him and what we shared.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: April 03, 2014 06:42AM

One of the guys in my mission grew a pot plant just for fun, they grew wild all over the place. Not sure if that's in the rule book.

Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: April 03, 2014 07:45AM

Damn. Hindsight is always 20/20.

There were hundreds of very good looking slutty Catholic girls on my mission that would have hooked up with an American Mormon missionary in a heartbeat.

I had one companion from Peru that I believe would have totally been on board if I had suggested nailing half the girls in our area. I was in full-TBM mode back then and I wouldn't have dreamed of it. For a long time I viewed him as my worst companion. But looking back, he could have been my best. Each of us could have had girlfriends and we could have made a blood oath to never rat each other out to the MP.

Another opportunity missed.

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: April 03, 2014 10:05AM

Even though I was a TBM guy....after being put with all the "bad" missionaries who didn't want to work cause I could "handle" it. It takes a tole on you. I did things like Movies, went out to eat at night with one comp's parents who came in to take him home and got there a couple of days early lol.
Oh I also got my nipple pierced.... just to do it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.