Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Solitary Loner ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 04:23PM

Like how Jiminycricket has done in the past?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: apawst8 ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 04:29PM

There's a summary on a board that can't be mentioned here, but it starts with red and ends with dit, but it's single sentence summaries for each speaker.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 06:03PM

I nearly sliced off the last inch of my right 5th finger 2 days ago. Half of that inch was severed through. It is bandaged up big time and healing - thank goodness. My fingers are my profession. The accident scared the bejesus out of me.

I cannot type accurately. It would be impossible to do what I did last October typing fast. Sorry. I am recording it though. Haven't watched anything yet. I'm reading RFM and the thought of listening to a talk after RFM's comments is almost too much to endure now.

I got up early this morning and set things up on the computer using the Microsoft Word template that I created last Oct. 2013. It took forever typing. I keep making mistakes on the keyboard, and it's very frustrating.

I just decided, I need to sit this one out.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2014 07:12PM by jiminycricket.

Posted by: Solitary Loner ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 06:12PM

I'm so sorry about your accident. I hope your recovery goes well.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 06:19PM

Holy Cow, jiminy! Glad to hear you didn't lose the finger and that it is healing. Sounds like you need a well deserved break from your transcription "duties."

Best of luck!

: )

Posted by: BillShat ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 06:25PM

Damn. Sorry to hear of your rotten luck. Best wishes to you. I was cursing the lack of summaries this morning... how am I going to explain to my TBM relatives that I didn't listen to, nor care about, any of those oh so wonderful talks from the old people in chief. Currently going with "internet is down" at my house (and I don't buy cable :). But my petty relatives don't matter in comparison. Feel better man.

Posted by: The other Sofia ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 06:27PM

I just say, "Why in the world would I watch conference?" Then I laugh.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 06:42PM

I find it difficult to listen to conference. But, I also find it telling how the big 15's testimonies at the end of their talks are so different then when I was in seminary and on my mission years ago. They no longer testify that this is the only true church; that the Book of Mormon will be proven correct when the evidence comes forth from the ground; or any of the important foundational claims.

Now they say, I testify God loves you. I testify of the principle of tithing. I testify that the brethren pray for you. All this BS is telling. Yet the TBMs buy it up and can't see that they no longer are testifying of the literal veracities of the restoration. Websites such as Richard Packham or MormonThink are cleaning their clocks. The ticking sound of resignations is the one sound that gives me joy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.