Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nevermind ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 07:29PM

The other day I was taking a walk outside with my two children (3 year old & 6 month old) when we ran into a neighbor. My neighbor looked at the little one and said, "Wow, he's getting so big, but you better not have any more kids or else you'll have to get a bigger house."

I have TWO kids! Since when is two kids "a lot"?

Aside from that:

Mind your own damn business!!

I'm not planning on having 20 kids but even if I did, it's not up to you--random neighbor--to tell me how many children I can have. I take care of them. They are healthy, happy and not affecting your resources in the slightest. Don't worry about it.

So in that regard, I agree with posters who said it was out of line for Mr. Anon to imply that his dental hygienist shouldn't have 8 kids. She wasn't asking for a handout to take care of her children was she? Yeah, I didn't think so. Mind your own. Those are comments you should say in your head, not out loud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 07:39PM

You could have said, "I'm surprised you'd say such a thing." Then laugh and change the subject.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 07:39PM

Posted by: SLDrone ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 07:58PM

I wasn't there, but it's possible your neighbor was just making small talk and didn't mean anything by the comment. Over the years I've heard similar jokes about having to get a mini van, or having to trade in the two seat sports car. I really don't think the person meant any judgement or disrespect. Honestly sounds like friendly small talk to me.

Just a thought

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 08:14PM

I don't think the neighbor meant any offense. He was just saying that if and when you have more children, your present house might start to feel a bit small (a common problem for young families.) Maybe he doesn't relish the thought of losing you as a neighbor!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.