Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 08:42PM

DO NOT TELL ME we are EQUAL and then you make the financial decisons over the YW, the RS and your damn homes! You KEEP WOMEN AWAY FROM EDUCATION AND A JOB! YOU TAKE AND STEAL MY POWER FROM ME AND TURN MY FAMILY AGAINST ME!

YOU FORCE WOMEN TO BECOME SUIDICAL, YOU STRIP US OF COLLEGE EDUCATION, SEXUAL EDUCATION, LIFE CHOICES. You destroy us for being lesbians, you hate us for not wanting your temple "blessings". You take away our money and you spend our families inheritances on malls FRIG YOU!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 08:58PM

+10000

Posted by: almost ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 09:02PM

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 10:17PM

For real. Go back to the kitchen!

j/k

Posted by: GetTheLedZepOut ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 09:02PM

Yes, well, the Morg really differs very little from other religions who subjugate and demean women. Islam is bald-faced about their treatment of women while the Morg, with a smile and a nod, claims equal treatment all the while whipping women down.

Posted by: cytokine ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 04:10PM

So true.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 09:03PM

well said Lori

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 09:11PM

You go, girl!

Wasn't it the prophet Gordon B. Hinckley who said, "Your wife is the most important THING in your life."

My temple husband used yell quotes from D&C 132 while he was throwing me around the room and beating me.

Anyone who thinks Mormons value women needs to read D&C 132, which says it all, right from the source. I don't think the cult has changed this scripture, to this day.

All of the prophets are lying, when they say Mormons don't believe in polygamy. They believe in polygamy in heaven.

Posted by: vh65 ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 11:53PM

So true! That is THE scripture they should remove, but can't. It shows exactly who JS was. But stupid me, I never really read it while active. Now that I am out I study and learn all this.

Posted by: non-utard ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 07:08PM

Your husband was just taking control of the bridal.

Feel for ya.

Posted by: Solitary Loner ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 09:12PM

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 09:13PM

Glad you reposted this comment. Again, it is my favorite.

+1,000,000,000,000

Date: April 05, 2014 09:59PM

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 10:20PM

…is BS!

History has taught us again and again that separate is NEVER equal.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 11:40PM

And to Peace Princess:

Mormon womins is told to go on a mission right after high school now and then they can gets married to a p-hood holder when they comes back. So they don't needs to have a good education- either in high school to get into a college, or to go to college either to learn things like:

those who don't learn from history are condemned to repeat it. -George Santayana

By not getting much history except approved Mormon stuff and a bit of high school and then only reading Mormon books the rest of their lives many don't see that

separate is never equal!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 12:17AM

Thanks for coming to see me, Lori C. As your bishop, I feel obligated to help you with your issues. The question is, how can we quench your misdirected thirst? Why don't you long for the nurture of obedience? Our savior has directed us to honor the Lord by accepting our lot. I am taken aback by sisters who demand priesthood powers. Don't you know how dangerous these powers could be in the wrong hands? You have enough work to do keeping the men in line. Heh, heh. I hope that helped.

Posted by: Voce d' Sicce ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 01:47PM

Posted by: nailamindi ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 02:37AM

Lori, I'm With you 100%. My older sister has drunk the koolaid and she's living in poverty (as in, hungry) while she brainwashes my beautiful nieces. It is so hard to watch.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 03:11AM

"You KEEP WOMEN AWAY FROM EDUCATION AND A JOB!" -
I didn't get a job in higher education as a teacher because I didn't have a TR. This was in SLC at a STATE owned college. It is illegal. But of course what cops are you going to call? Since the entire state is a totalitarian theocracy like Iran, any police agency is going to just laugh at you for calling them on it being illegal. It is like calling the polygamist cops to report polygamy in Colorado City, AZ. YEAH, BIG JOKE.

But, they DID NOT keep me from getting an education. And I got a job in higher ed AFTER I GOT THE HELL OUT OF THE CULT STATE. I flipped Utah the bird (a seagull) as I was leaving and the Zion Curtain fell away from me. I felt light an free! It was better than a Tampon commercial and then some.

And just so everyone knows how I really feel....I'd rather have an STD than a Temple Blessing!

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR SANITY!

"GetTheLedZepOut - You are so right. In many ways the CULT is worse than Islam-A-Bald because at least they are up front about how awful they are. The CULT pretends that equality is so important to them. They wouldn't know equality if it hit them in the head and knocked them unconscious. PA-LWEEZE!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2014 03:15AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 11:07AM

Righteous anger.

The sexiest woman is a woman who is at hee best.

Posted by: evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 01:12PM

"Thanks for coming to see me, Lori C. As your bishop, I feel obligated to help you with your issues. The question is, how can we quench your misdirected thirst? Why don't you long for the nurture of obedience? Our savior has directed us to honor the Lord by accepting our lot. I am taken aback by sisters who demand priesthood powers. Don't you know how dangerous these powers could be in the wrong hands? You have enough work to do keeping the men in line. Heh, heh. I hope that helped."

You have the greater calling, as a mother and a wife. P-powers and education are a hindrance to fulfilling your god given role in life. A happy home and fresh baked cookies for the little ones will bring you more happiness.

The more education you have,the more knowledgeable and aware you are.

The more knowledgeable and aware you are, the more you are aware of inequality.

The more you are aware of inequality, the more you will demand equality.

The more you will demand equality, the less palatable TSCC becomes.

The less palatable TSCC becomes, the fewer tithing dollars you will pay and the fewer babies you will have.

The fewer tithing dollars you will pay and fewer babies you will have, the less money the greedy B@st@rds will have.

Now do you see why your demand for equality is bad? Now pray about it. If the answer is not stay happy in the role the fat old men demand of you, keep praying until it is.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 02:41PM

My mom just yelled at the computer. Some of the conference $Ħ!† makes her so mad I hafta tell her be careful of the computer it didn't do nuthin wrong and other people (dogs) use it too!!!! She clicks on links to read stuff and it just makes her madder and madder, no wonder she's got the high blood pressure.

Since I'm a dog I can just ƥİ$$ on it and walk away!

When she gets mad I try and steer her to other sites where she can read about the Kartrashians till she calms down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2014 02:41PM by The StalkerDog™.

Date: April 06, 2014 02:50PM

...take a great pause this morning to process all of this. It was all intentional...the abuse, the blocking of a woman, her finances, her upward momentum. The fact that the church does not or barely funds YW's...no Girl Scouts...it's all intentional. No college funds, no paid missions, no supportive parents...no educated mothers to show their daughters how to do it...it's all intentional, all correlated, all talked about in advance.

You are right...if a woman is educated and awake, the less she will stand for the inequality at church and she'll walk away. It's that easy...and for sure she won't marry a Mormon male to be oppressed her whole life.

It was all intentional. All the years of horrid suffering of every Mormon woman that has ever lived...it's all been intentional.........sigh.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 04:08PM

Elder Plessy v. Brother Ferguson

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 04:21PM

Lori C, you need to calm down and go start dinner....

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 07:40PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 08:12PM

It's just like with coffee; Equal is not sugar.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: April 07, 2014 10:55AM

Five points deducted for "FRIG you." Dude, it was a great rant, and well said. Just say FUCK YOU. You know you wanted to and the words have much more impact than FRIG you, which... I don't even know what that means.

Posted by: im behind enemy lines ( )
Date: April 07, 2014 11:04AM

As a male member of the church for 30+ years, I have to agree with your observation. If fact, what you said is one of the reasons why I need to quit. The idea that the church is harmless and that believing in this nonsense does not hurt anyone is clearly incorrect.

I apologize to you for the years that I have stood by in my corner of the world and tolerated a system that hurts women under the guise of protecting them. Thank you for reminding me of what this church really does.

Date: April 07, 2014 01:35PM

...filter would do.

Thank you all, and "im behind enemy lines"....thank you so much.

"Equal is not sugar"...lololol!

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: April 07, 2014 02:54PM

And now you know... We are free to say FUCK when we need to.

^^^ That one was unnecessary. But yeah.

Still loved your rant.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.