Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SantaZelph ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 01:25PM

These six words spoken in the 70's from the pulpit of a youth conference, Seminary Super Saturday, PH meetings or any other youth activity signaled that we were about to be told that someone, anyone in the room was guilty of sexual sin that was next to MURDER! I recall looking around to see who might cave and publicly break down under the pressure. And then there were the poker faces...the ones I knew were partaking of the sweet fruit but seemed unaffected by the ominous threat of eternal damnation. I was one who feared the wrath of God vis-a-vis the youth leaders not to mention the "buffetings of Satan" (OMG that phrase just came back to me! What a crock of horse shit!). I wish I knew how to play poker back then.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 06:07PM

I think it's a safe bet that in any room of more than five or ten Mormon youth, someone has recently engaged in some sexual act with another person, and that many (maybe all) of them are active masturbators.

When adult Mormon leaders try to pretend like they have the power of discernment to root out the offenders, they're just playing the odds and enjoying the power of intimidation they have over the youth, many of whom are self-loathing and overwhelmed by their authority.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.