Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 02:28PM

Apparently, the primary sharing time song this month is from a 2008 Friend. Am I the only one who thinks the song was written and published as a direct result of Prop 8?

https://www.lds.org/friend/2008/10/the-family-is-of-god?lang=eng

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 02:58PM

those lyrics are HORRIBLE!

Posted by: Solitary Loner ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 03:04PM

Ugh...blech...

Families just are!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 03:38PM

The chorus goes: (The Family is of God by Matthew Neeley)

God gave us families
To help us become what he wants us to be
This is how he shares his love
For the family is of God.

My thoughts on this song and especially the words of the chorus are this.....well, this mormon god, who supposedly loves families so much, sure crated a sh**load of crummy ones for little innocent trusting children to be born into.

Visualize being born into a family where you and your two siblings never knew your dad or your mother because they were victims of genocide. You roam the streets scrounging for food and huddle at night, trying to keep warm.

Or, picture a child whose father was an alcoholic who physically, emotionally, and sexually abused you and abused your Mom too, and one day your mom couldn't take it any longer and put a bullet in his head.

Picture a Mormon child who attends church because his home life is such a disaster, that church is the place he finds peace and quiet, nice songs, and a kind word. The youngster hears this song about families and wonders why he could not have been born into a decent, caring family.

And, then, this Mormon child learns the reason that he didn't land in a family like this: he is told he did not earn the right up in heaven.

Isn't mormonism wonderful???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2014 03:42PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 03:47PM

Someone needs to remind Mr. Neeley that the nuclear family is going up in a mushroom cloud.

Posted by: mayerbabe ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:59PM

I hate the entire "obey" concept, both wives to husbands, and children to parents. And yes, I have children...6 of them.

How about teaching children to think for themselves and listen to parents out of love and respect? Just an idea. I would never want my children to simply blindly obey anyone, including me.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 05:11PM

The moron composer forgot very important lyrics: PAY and OBEY is covered under the mom's job. They forgot PAY PAY PAY through the teeth. Shame on them. Hope they go on a serious TBM styled guilt trip.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.