Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: oceanluvr ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 12:45PM

I posted from the beginning (with Eric) before RFM was registered as a domain name. Have used various pseudonyms depending on the need.

IMHO, this board has lost the sense of mission it once had. I don't see much in the way of 'Recovery' any more. Sad. There are other forums to help people truly 'recover'.

If the direction this board has now is its common consensus, well, so be it.

It doesn't do sh*t for me any more.

Not to offend, and IMHO, as I said.

So long, farewell, time to drop the curtains.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 12:50PM

How so, Oceanluvr? When people come here with Mormon-related problems, we all try to help. How do you feel that the board has lost its sense of mission?

I occasionally cruise the other boards -- each has its own flavor, but the mission in each case seems the same to me.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 12:52PM

I find that there are so many posts on this forum that it's easy to just skip the subjects which don't interest you and stick with the ones that do.

There are a lot of posts that I never even read because the subject line doesn't interest me.

Posted by: paintingintheWIN ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 12:52PM

Enjoy the best of what life is ((oceanluvr))
launch & load lures for fishing lifes best joys
rock n roll

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 12:54PM

I see people post things like this periodically, and sometimes they end up coming back. I think what bothers me about these type of posts is that one person wants the board to be a certain way and, if it isn't, they are "taking their ball and going home". I hope that is not the case here and that you will re-join us when you are ready.

Recovery means different things to different people, and there is no cookbook recipe that will work for all of us.

I wish you the best in your search for what it means to you.

Posted by: Virgil ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 01:13PM

"Recovery means different things to different people, and there is no cookbook recipe that will work for all of us."

This. +1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2014 01:13PM by virgil.

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 12:57PM

Hey, if it doesn't serve a purpose for you personally, then good luck on the road forward. Best wishes to finding another internet home that fills the need RfM once did for you. And it doesn't have to be a binary thing, not like you can't always come back if the winds of fate blow in that direction.

Again, I wish all the best to you on your paths through life :)

Posted by: sincere9 ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 01:24PM

I always find it amusing when people announce they're leaving an online board. Everything is anonymous so we don't know you personally. If people just stop posting, we forget or just don't even notice.

There are so many boards out there that you can just hang out at the ones you like. I find this one to have a lot more traffic than others so it must be helping people.

Good luck oceanluvr with your recovery from Mormonism. I hope you find the support you need!

Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 01:55PM

YAGE

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 01:56PM

Rage quit.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 01:58PM

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 02:03PM

I'm always drawn to these threads. I wonder if SusieQ feels the same or lost her audience here?

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 05:41PM

Good or bad... do it or don't

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 06:44PM

the board is not the same. Gone on the Wild West days of the past when old SD could get away with saying just about anything. Order comes to all societal forms, even ex-mormon discussion boards. Will I leave because of it? Doubtful. I tried once. It gave me a rash.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 08:06PM

I think humor is good for healing, and this board has more humor than others I've tried. The formatting is excellent, and the cast of characters is unique. To each his own.

adieu

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 11:04PM

I didn't want to say anything the past few years, but now that he's gone, I guess I can finally let it out that I felt oceanluvr was holding the board back.

:)

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 11:08PM

Ahhhhhh...

I thought he was a good ol' guy...regardless of "his" (or her) chronological age.

;)

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 11:27PM

I haven't been posting (lurking) very long. I like to dabble a bit into the other forums too. I can honestly say, I like the diversity and multi-level emotion thrown out on this board. It is intriguing what advice comes from (what seems to be) certain age groups, geographical similarities, or female/male perspectives. Nobody just loves Plain vanilla..anything. Flavor keeps this forum interesting..atleast, that's my opinion.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 12:51AM

Bad, bad, thingsithink. ;) You made me laugh. Thanks for that.

Posted by: whatiswanted ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 11:34PM

Maybe if you tried harder it would be the forum you want. Don't expect people to read your mind and do the work for you.

Posted by: no meaning ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 12:34AM

My only complaint about this place is the meanness I often see, one exmormon to another, where many people who post here seem to have a desperate need to PROVE they are RIGHT. People get hurt, and so many seem oblivious to that.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 12:50AM

This is the place where people can come and get the inside dope of what's *really* happening in Mormonville, not just the pap they hear at General Conference.

It is also the place where people vent their anger--sometimes its twisted, projected, displaced, not politically correct, but it IS safe.

People who come here may never have interacted with diverse people who are irreverent, swear, use sarcasm, etc. It is a microcosm of the world -- all ages, all genders, and it is a wonderful place to get an answer to a question from a number of perspectives.

I have come here with OT questions asking if I am "off" or is my take realistic. I had immediate help and felt supported by those who chose to reply.

This forum is the antidote to Mormonism. If you post a question like "How do you make a martini," nobody is going to shake their finger and say the group needs to focus on the topic.

It's freedom and it's funny. Even the fights are funny.

There have been times I have felt like RfM "wasn't meeting my needs" or that I "should move on." And I discovered later that I did meet my need but I still came back to RfM for the posters I've come to "know" and the fun of hearing from the new people.

If you won't miss the horror stories from what goes on in the wards/LDS culture, well then maybe you are ready to move on to something else.

No harm, no foul.

Best of luck

Kathleen Waters

Posted by: moira ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 12:59AM

Wish you would have posted your other names. I'm still here from almost the beginning, too, and would have liked to know who you were. I've never changed my name. I don't know why people do that. If you do see this, it's been nice knowing you. I can't believe I'm still here but a new Generation of TBM family are young adults and it affects me now more than ever.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 08:30AM

See you tomorrow.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.