Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sue ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 05:09PM

The Exmormon Foundation Board is working hard to bring you some powerful speakers for our next Foundation Conference in October.

The dates this year are October 10th - 12th, at The Doubletree Suites in Salt Lake City. We have the same time frame every year, beginning with our first gathering on Friday night, presentations and dinner banquet on Saturday, and a wrap-up Q&A session on Sunday morning.

Our program is almost complete, and as soon as it is, I will let everyone know that the information has been posted on our website, www.exmormonfoundation.org, along with all information about registering . I think we have a "steller" program in the works! As per other years, registration and payment of fees can be done online. No big rush yet on registering, but we will keep you up-to-date on our timelines.

Hope you can come this year!

Sue Emmett
Conference Chair
The Exmormon Foundation

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: top ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 10:19PM

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 10:22PM

I've been wanting to come to the Exmo Conference since I joined RfM...and that was more than a decade ago.

I'm hoping that this is the year that I'm finally able to be there with all of you.

:)

Date: April 14, 2014 11:22PM

We hope you can too! I'm excited to let everyone know who the speakers will be, but not quite ready to do that yet! :-)

Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 12:38PM

I've always had a great time when I've gone - been to 3 so far. For those who haven't been, consider going and you'll have a great time socializing with other like-minded people.

Date: April 15, 2014 02:03PM

Yes, the socializing part of it is every bit as important (probably more) as the presentations -- although I've been pretty happy about how well those have gone over the years. It's always a great weekend for many who come-- especially those who are just venturing out of Mormonism. To be in a group for 2.5 days where you can say anything you want about Mormonism, about family shunning, trade stories etc. is very empowering.

Date: April 15, 2014 02:04PM

Posted by: AIT ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 02:42PM

Sue,

I have one request for this year: improved audio.
Please place a voice recorder on the pulpit next to the speaker or on a lanyard around their neck. The audio from a camcorder in the back of the room is difficult to hear. If you need help combining the audio from a voice recorder with the video from the camcorder I would be happy to do it.

Date: April 15, 2014 03:22PM

My understanding was that they WERE using the audio from the speaker's mic. So, I'll need to check on that. You are speaking about the videos on Youtube, correct?

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 03:30PM

Thanks for all your work on this. I'd like to attend this year. Utah is really quite beautiful in October.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.