Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: stormaggedon ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 08:54PM

I participated in a 5K race this weekend with someone friends from the ward we used to attend. It was a great race, but when we didn't show up for church on Sunday, people have finally started getting suspicious. Today I got a letter with a Visting Teaching assignment in it with a message of, "We miss you!" Ha! The RS pres who sent the letter never acknowledged me before I left, and now she, "misses me"? Then, the missionaries show up at our door trying to commit us to come to an Easter concert, which my husband says no way. Then they try to commit us to go to church (will you...). They say something like, will you be at church for Easter? I almost yell from the couch, "Will you actually talk about Jesus this Easter?" I refrained. We actually weren't going to answer the door when they knocked, but our 2 year old heard it and wanted us to answer the door. Let the re-activation attempts begin!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2014 08:56PM by stormaggedon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ChooseTheReasonable ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 09:02PM

well, the cat isn't out of the bag untill you tell them "No we're not going to church because we don't believe anymore and no longer want to be members. Don't come back."

Posted by: libor nli ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 09:08PM

That's a different cat, the "we care enough to leave" cat. This was the "we don't care" cat.

I got bags full of cats.

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 09:34PM

Running half marathons has become trendy in my old ward among the young moms. The races are always Sunday mornings and seem frequent. I've often wondered when the bishopric would crack down on all the missed primary callings.

But all these girls are still considered full TBMs in their ward. I don't think you're necessarily on the hot seat yet.

Date: April 15, 2014 09:44PM

The race was on Saturday.

We haven't been to church in awhile and this is some of the first contact we've had. We actually have been enjoying some peace and quiet.

It has been really nice having our Sundays back.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 09:37PM

just tell them you go to a better church because it is only 1 hour long and is so fun. That will hit them hard.

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 09:39PM

The easiest most logical way to get the church off your doorstep is tell them you lost your testimony and don't believe JS was a prophet or the church is true. Why would anyone go participate in anything in a church they don't believe in. I would be frank that you believe it is BS and if you went HT or did an assignment you would not hold your BS opinion back because you have integrity and would have to tell everyone it is BS.

Date: April 15, 2014 09:46PM

That's what I told my husband, they don't want me to do my visiting teaching. I would just give them a copy of the CES letter. The info they sent me is going straight to the trash.

Posted by: non-utard ( )
Date: April 16, 2014 05:17AM

LOLOL... good for you I had 100 sets of the CES letter Printed and its gotten to the point that im getting requests for them. I leave them laying around all over the place.

CESletter.com free pdf download

Posted by: freddo ( )
Date: April 16, 2014 05:42AM

I've printed it too

The colour stuff looks so good

I say "just don't open this envelope until you've hit a crisis point and are ready to look at things objectively"

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: April 15, 2014 09:48PM

Being Easter there would be no reason to talk about Jesus. Possibly they will talk about tithing, no one going to the temple, pioneer heritage, "our beloved prophet", or how we shouldn't be looking at naughty pictures.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 16, 2014 02:45AM

Here kitty kitty. With an evil grin.

"We don't go to mormon churches."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.