Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SantaZelph ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 08:37AM

Will this FB posting yesterday by John Delin and other recent posts of similar disagreement with temple square push the mormon bosses to kick JD out of the cult for good?

"John Dehlin via Jahn Curran
8 hrs · Edited ·
Awesome. More prophets, seers, and revelators....as litigators? Just what we need in this society. More. Litigation.
And can someone please explain to me how religious people are somehow victims in today's society? I just. Don't. Understand."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 08:40AM

Maybe he should go to a different church.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 09:55AM

I understand his concern that some active members may give him more of a chance, because he is still a member. To an extent that helped me keep my mind open when I first started to part the veil on Mormonism. However, people who were former members deeply involved in the LDS Church as bishops (Bob McCue, Simon Southerton), or in CES (Ken Clark, Grant Palmer*) were equally credible. I understood their experiences, and they spoke just as true to me as if I were still in.

I think that would be the same for John Dehlin. Regardless of what he decides to do, he has given the LDS Church more than a fair chance. The credibility of his personal story, and the quality of the work of the podcast will stand on its own--far better than the BOM (that one is for you Jeff Holland).

Nobody should have to endure this personal purgatory for this reason. People will find their way to the truth about Mormonism with or without John Dehlin. He's a piece to the puzzle. A good piece, with some great interviews. But just a piece nonetheless.

*of course he was technically still in at the time I was truly investigating (2004-06).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.