Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: alwaysaskingtiff ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 12:33PM

The holidays and kids (I have four) always make me feel pressured to take them to church. idk.

I've been out of the church (although not officially) for several years, and I have come to the conclusion there are some battles not to fight, for the sake of getting along. If that means taking my kids to church once in awhile, I guess that's part of making peace with the family.

Am I off in my thinking here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 01:02PM

We fight the battles we can win.

We pass on the battles we must lose.

We carefully choose which is which.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 01:08PM

Not at all. Do what works best for you and your family. I can tell you that there are lots of Catholics who only go to church twice a year (at Christmas and Easter.) Or they might go on occasion to please, and bond with, a parent or grandparent. What you are describing is not unusual at all.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 01:18PM

That's true, many non-Mormons are the type who only goes to church at Christmas, Easter, and things like weddings, baptisms, and funerals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2014 01:19PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: desertwoman ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 01:18PM

Broaden your horizons. Check out your neighborhood churches, perhaps in the local paper (there is usually a page displaying special Easter services by the local denominiations).

You can take your children to a church that will present an Easter message that will be about Christ and the resurrection, as opposed to TSCC version that will be about tithing or Joseph Smith or obedience or, well, you know the drill.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.