Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dcgsage ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 01:15AM

It's probably been discussed here before but I don't post or read here much, but Ihave to wonder if there is a chance for vigilante type activities from militant mormons against those of us who leave.

Personally, if they want to bring it on with me and my family, they will have to pack a big fucking lunch because I am armed to the teeth and carry a CCW all the time unless at work.

But still, I have my family...my son has left as well, leaving my wife and daughter planning on leaving but still not there yet.

One reason I ask is the area I live is highly mormon and highly militant and armed, fully believing that one day they will be called to go to war against what they call evil (gov't, sinners, etc), My neighbors never wave to me anymore with is fine with me...no love lost, but these people are armed and screwed up. I doubt they would actually try anything because I think most militant, last days types of mormons are all talk. But perhaps, someday, they might try something.

All I want is to live in peace. But then I do fear the brainwashing I know they get.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: olemare ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 10:16AM

I worried about that for a while until I had been out for several years. Then decided they were too chicken or didn't want to go to prison over some crazy apostate like me. Let 'em come.....I'm a peaceful person and they will kill an unarmed pacifist.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 12:03PM

The fact that many of us have asked this question is proof that the church is a cult. When they've sprung death threats on you in the temple (pre-1990), it's reasonable for you to ask if they really meant it or not. The truth is that you and your family are probably safe. Those temple death threats are only mind games that were created to control you as long as you believed in them. Freedom of religion is taken to abusive extremes in most countries. But the whole religion gets shut down for good when it actually foments murders that actually end up happening. The church leaders know that. Above all else, the church wants to preserve their financial empire. If the church ever gets too much influence in government then we're all in trouble. I wasn't able to recover from church abuses until I was willing to discuss this topic of the temple death threats openly and publicly with anyone who wanted to know. That's how to overcome these fears. So it's good that you asked.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 01:37PM

I worried about that for a while because my TBM ex-husband said that he would gladly kill apostates if ordered to do so. Then, when I realized that he wasn't going to stalk me after the divorce was final and that I had resigned, I didn't worry as much. He was the first person I blocked when I joined Facebook, but it wasn't really necessary since if he tried to e-mail me, it bounced as I hadn't used AOL in almost a decade.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 06:23PM

A sizable portion of the mormon population seems to hate the government and to love militias.

Cliven Bundy, for example.

That's a dangerous combination, mormon and militia.

Posted by: dcgsage ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 06:34PM

Thx for the replies. While I mght not fall into the militia paradym of many Mormons, I am armed and beleive in being so. I am a substinance hunter, fisherman and gatherer. I also believe in self defense if needed, god forbid. It is just that some people around here are nuts, heavily armed and militant...almost willing and wanting an apocalypse. They are fucking nuts. If it were not for my really good job, I would leave. I told my wife when I am done (12 years) and retire, we are out of here!

I wondered and thought all my MOrmon life that one day, I would be involved with some kind of govt over throw. Now I wonder if the Mormons here in Eastern Idaho are not going to go crazy someday and come after me because I am apostate....or worse, I refuse to join their cause on anti govt war. You have to see it to believe it...these people are crazy. So in their mind, if I don't jion their cause, then I must be the enemy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.